Talking B____X

Tell us about life with your BX, or indeed life in general!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Well, I would, but in reality it remains a pipe-dream. Better to get a BX road-legal track day car sorted out. And cheaper. :D
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I spend quite a lot of time on this forum. Why? well, mainly it's because I have a BX - or in the past because I have been 'between BX's'. If I didn't have a BX I might still visit, to keep in touch with the community here. I do get annoyed that some do choose this platform to wind up others, or insult and cast accusations about, but generally it gets sorted or settles down. That's life. Well, it would be, but we are in an artificially created environment and I beleive we are all here because we want to be: we share a passion/interest in the Citroen BX.

I did find the following on another popular forum: It's their rules. Not ours. Now I'm not keen on too many rules but the following seems reasonable (with the possible exception of the swearing bit FFS :lol: ). It is NOT my place to tell anyone how to run this club/forum. I have, largely, in recent months tried to keep out of the arena when the mud starts flying (OK one frustrated outburst this morning, but I'm calm again now), but guess there are quite a few regulars who act by default in the spirit of the 'rules' below out of a natural sense of decency and tolerance.

I have been accused of being 'Imperial' before now. I try not to be but it's the way I write maybe. We all come across as having traits - coming across as pedantic, a joker, an anorak, superior whatever - but that doesn't accurately reflect the full person. This is written in my 'blog' section because that's where this belongs. (I don't think this part of the forum is used enough. It is THE place to vent spleen and have a moan).

Anyway I'm waffling. I like this club. I'm really chuffed that I drive a BX. And I am intending how to get my hands oily, I promise! (Especially after the last bill!)...

In the meantime:

1) Be positive, helpful and constructive
2) Do not insult other members with personal comments
3) No swear words
4) All posts should be well thought out, intelligible, and designed to make the forum a more interesting, fun and pleasant place to be
5) Users with multiple identities will not be tolerated
6) Previously banned users found on the forum will be instantly deleted
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Good sentiments Phil, lets see how long it lasts.

Oh & for the record i've met Phil on more than one occassion & i didnt find you imperial, just bloody tall :lol:
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Jasmine - Now SORN
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - My daily
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired.

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I have a confession to make: I have been loosely considering a Xan&*a 2.1 diesel as a possible successor to my GTi auto, come this time NEXT year. So plenty of time to UNconsider it. BUt my wife said... "Xan%£A??? Shove it up your arse!"...

Mind made up then!

BX FOREVER

:lol: !
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Well, if you're gona have a Xantia, the D12 is the one of choice.

Even I'd have one.
Although the ML5 box is stupidly heavy, and doing a clutch in one is less fun than power sanding your own arse, so actually, maybe I wouldn't one!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

And I don't think my arse would appreciate having a Xa%&@ia inserted into it either. SWMBO has spoken. (Suits me as I didn't really want to succumb to the dark side :lol: ). Anyway, it means BX=OK. Can't argue with that...
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Dark? its always sunny where I am!
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Well maybe the Force is with you :)

Here, the Force lives in my house.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

May already! Less than 6 months to go to the BXagon. Lots of work to do between now and then. Luckily the GTi is behaving itself and regularly does 320 mile round trips at the moment. Kermit's making sure the Green Hornet's OK too. Fortunate as I won't be able to fork out much BX-wise for a while now having just forked out for a new top of the range Mac Pro and 30" display. OUCH. Paid even more out to ensure the kit'll be secured and alarmed...

But it's what I need for my work. And plenty of builders fork out more than that on a van, and chefs buy knives.. etc. Mustn't complain.

8) 8) 8)

And this'll have to last me 5 years!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

WTF do that ageing perv Moseley and the stunted egomaniac Ecclestone think they are doing? First possibly no British GP next year and now this:

Renault are the latest high-profile team threatening to quit Formula 1 unless proposals to adopt a £40m budget cap in 2010 are shelved.

On Tuesday, Ferrari joined Toyota and Red Bull in declaring their intention to pull out of F1 because of the plans.

FFS. Does wonders for the way us Brits are perceived overseas... again. NOT.

As it is we are the laughing stock of Europe, especially over the MP's expenses shame.
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Its not the actual budget cap thats the main issue, its the fact that any team which adheres to it can have more leniency in the technical development of their car. It would have the potential to have 2 tiered racing. So you can imagine if Ferrari, which is set up the way it is (complex & expensive), theres no way it can downsize quick enough to meet the budget cap for 2010, therefore they'd spend at least £100million next year & potentially have 2 cars for that price which arent competitive against the smaller teams.

So i can see in principle why they arent happy, why would you spend all that money & not be competative, its just not a level playing field. I actually agree with the Budget cap, but there must be a way of incenticising teams to not go beyond it, whilst avoiding to penalise the teams who cant. I think their needs to be a 3-4 year period before the larger teams could hit these objectives, so perhaps have a rolling incentive system each year to encourage the larger teams to downsize more quickly. Its a tricky one i'll admit. Perhaps a simpler solution would be to remove some of the restrictions on testing for the on budget teams???

Discuss :lol:
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Jasmine - Now SORN
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - My daily
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired.

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Even considering the Italian/French/Spanish/Japanese (ok ANY foreigner)'s propensity for petulance when confronted by change, this has been woefully mis-managed. I don't pretend to know enough in depth to suggest a solution, but surely it is not beyond the wit of the highly paid overseers of F1 to work out a less contentious system?!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Well here I am in front of my new 30" display. With the new MAC purring quietly away. Compared with the last one (tooo noisy!) this is magic...

Not likely to be on here much for the next 48 hrs while I load all my software!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Had a nice day out on Sunday. Snapped a few cars at the Classic Car Show that was part of the Museum of Power's Show.

We had one of these once. Never looked like this tho'

One for Billy - a really nice looking car...

And my favourite:
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

It just occurred to me looking at your picture of the Routemaster that owning one brings in more problems that running it for the bus companies!
In a BX we can drive somewhere without being concerned about the route. London Transport ran them over over the same safe routes in their day. As an owner enthusiast you are going to have to check and plan each and every route you choose to take in advance for low bridges, width restrictions etc. :)
1991 BX19GTi Auto