My new BX

A place for us to show off our cars in all their glory. Please keep picture sizes to about 800x600 pixels.
retrodriver
BXpert

My new BX

Post by retrodriver »

As it stands at the moment, standard apart from 14inch Speedlines from a 205 GTi, currently running 185/60s but going to swap to 175/65s i think.

Alex

1991 BX 16 TGS 104k miles, FOR SALE
2007 Grande Punto Sporting
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Top colour :D

I'd stick with the 185/60's, quite a few of us have upgraded our tyres to this size unless they're shagged & you wanted to for authenticity reasons go down a size?
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Jasmine - Now SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - My daily
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired.
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.
retrodriver
BXpert

Post by retrodriver »

thanks yeah its a lovely shade! the main reason for changing size is that it doesnt have PAS so narrower tyres 'should' make it a bit lighter, also the taller profile should help the ride, although who knows.....also the tyres are pretty shagged, there is an 80s Michelin MXV on the OSR!
Alex

Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Olympic Blue 8) Nice! I have a spare bonnet in that colour if you ever need one lol
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Aerodynamica
BXpert

Post by Aerodynamica »

Like those wheels!
Graeme M

CX 2400 Pallas LPG
2CV6 dolly (SORNed)
Mk1 Xantia 1.9TD SX

'c'est hydropneumatique'
Clitroenator

Post by Clitroenator »

BEAUTIFUL! thanks you've convinced me to buy a set of 205 mags for my BX, pics to come! :D
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

Wierd how wheels can make such a difference to a car. I don't think they suit the car at all and they make the car look somewhat like a toy. I think BX's need angular styled wheels to suit the angular nature of the body styling.

Graphite Speedlines ftw on an olympic blue car.

Still, if you like them......
this might be a signature
Lester
BXpert

Post by Lester »

Love the wheels 8) Lovely colour as well :D
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Looking good! I also like the wheels - did you paint them yourself or are they from some special edition Peugeot?
I too have a set of white wheels that I'm very proud of. It's funny that David thinks they make the BX look like a toy. That was my first thought when I fitted the white wheels to mine - it looked like a Majorette model from the 80s!
This is when I fitted them, exactly two years ago to the day!

Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
Boxwolf
BXpert

Post by Boxwolf »

I think in this case the white pug alloys do suit the car, but in most cases i'd go with what David says, the BX ought to have angular 80s style wheels really :)

Todd, your yellow BX looks like something out of a 1980's lego set, I love it! looks as good as new too :o
1992 BX TXD Turbo
retrodriver
BXpert

Post by retrodriver »

I actually bought the rims for my Pug 305 and they were already painted white, the finish isnt great to be honest but good enough from a small distance, I think they suit the car as they are an 80s style and quite small, looks moody when the car is on the ground!
Alex

RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

retrodriver wrote:As it stands at the moment, standard apart from 14inch Speedlines from a 205 GTi,
Aerodynamica wrote:Like those wheels!
Clitroenator wrote:BEAUTIFUL! thanks you've convinced me to buy a set of 205 mags for my BX, pics to come! :D
Lester wrote:Love the wheels 8) Lovely colour as well :D
toddao wrote:Looking good! I also like the wheels - did you paint them yourself or are they from some special edition Peugeot?
I too have a set of white wheels that I'm very proud of. It's funny that David thinks they make the BX look like a toy. That was my first thought when I fitted the white wheels to mine - it looked like a Majorette model from the 80s!
Lester wrote:Love the wheels 8) Lovely colour as well :D
The 14" 'Pepper Pot' alloy's taken from a Pug 1.6 (Petrol) 205/309 Gti or 309 (Diesel) GRD TD (Which does suit the Pug) DOES NOT suit ANY ^^bx> model and I therefore agree with D-R and Boxwolf:-
DavidRutherford wrote:Wierd how wheels can make such a difference to a car. I don't think they suit the car at all and they make the car look somewhat like a toy. I think BX's need angular styled wheels to suit the angular nature of the body styling.
Boxwolf wrote:I think in this case the white pug alloys do suit the car, but in most cases i'd go with what David says, the BX ought to have angular 80s style wheels really :)
HOWEVER :!: good news :D

What does suit a ^^bx> which has 'donor' alloys taken from a Pug, is those which are from a Pug 1.9 (Petrol) 205/309 Gti which I have only ever seen once fitted to a BX which really did complement the styling/look's 8)
As there are 15" and have the large 'D' shaped holes and gave a very refined look :)
Which if I currently had a road going/worthy BX on the road I would furnish with rather than the standard 14" O/E BX alloy speedline's :!:
Aerodynamica
BXpert

Post by Aerodynamica »

The 14" 'Pepper Pot' alloy's taken from a Pug 1.6 (Petrol) 205/309 Gti or 309 (Diesel) GRD TD (Which does suit the Pug) DOES NOT suit ANY BX model
-wrong :lol:

and a majority has spoken.

Just because so called 'angular' styled wheels 'match' the BX does not necessarily follow that they 'suit' it.

I'd argue that the Mk2 BX's bumpers do not 'suit' the angular BX styling - they wouldn't look out of place on some 80s Peugeot. Ditto to for the rubbish Mk2 interior too.

Mk1 BX ftw :P
Graeme M

CX 2400 Pallas LPG
2CV6 dolly (SORNed)
Mk1 Xantia 1.9TD SX

'c'est hydropneumatique'
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Aerodynamic wrote: Mk1 BX ftw
Amen brother, we defo need some more Mk1 lovelyness on this site! Surely there are some more out there?
Last edited by Tim Leech on Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

Just goes to show how dirrent people have different tastes!!! :lol:

What looks GREAT to one person may look completely AWFUL to someone else!

After all.....us BX owners should really be in agreement that we LOVE our cars......but a big majority of the "normal" driving public reckon BXs to be some terrible-looking piece of rusty French cr@p!!!

VIVE LA DIFFERENCE! ^^bx>

(I do quite like the Pug "Pepperpots"...but not in white! OK in silver!)