BIG RED II my tzd!!!

A place for us to show off our cars in all their glory. Please keep picture sizes to about 800x600 pixels.
talbotsteve
Confirmed BX'er

BIG RED II my tzd!!!

Post by talbotsteve »

This is the red TZD i recently bought off the forum from a really friendly guy in Manchester, I've fitted my bonnet off BIG RED I but the wife want rid of it :cry: I've also fitted the zx wheels. I need to swap over the front drivers wing as my old BX one isn't as pink as this one :D I have got the wheel centers somewhere?? :roll:
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Nice. The TZD I am using on the BXagon (the Green Hornet) might well sport bonnet scoops like that soon... 8)
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

I can understand the big ones for the intercooler but the small one? Or is that just showing off 8)
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
talbotsteve
Confirmed BX'er

Post by talbotsteve »

Roverman wrote:I can understand the big ones for the intercooler but the small one? Or is that just showing off 8)
We have quite a problem locally with flooding of the poorly maintained roads, so i've taken all the induction trunking back to the join above the pump and fitted a performance filter, which is fed from this vent. A friend hydraulic'd a peugeot some years back due to the poor filter air feed location and i just fugured this was a better bet........ :D
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Ahh so its a "snorkel" right gotcha. Theyre great, been in a defender with one of them on up the windows in water, thought I was going to drown! I didnt and it kept going.
Lester
BXpert

Post by Lester »

Roverman wrote:Ahh so its a "snorkel" right gotcha. Theyre great, been in a defender with one of them on up the windows in water, thought I was going to drown! I didnt and it kept going.
Being a Landrover Defender, i'm surprised it didn't rust solid :lol:
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Lester wrote:
Roverman wrote:Ahh so its a "snorkel" right gotcha. Theyre great, been in a defender with one of them on up the windows in water, thought I was going to drown! I didnt and it kept going.
Being a Landrover Defender, i'm surprised it didn't rust solid :lol:
It was at the solihill factory and brand new from memory, no doubt its bean cans by now, great fun though!
Lester
BXpert

Post by Lester »

Roverman wrote: bean cans by now,
Or beer Cans:

~ale~