TZD With Aircon and Alloys!

Tell us about BXs you have spotted on the road, or BXs/parts spotted for sale including eBay finds.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

TZD With Aircon and Alloys!

Post by Tim Leech »

Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I make no excuses about saying this: It looks like the just about perfect BXagon car! Tim, you didn't mention the wheels... 8) 8) 8)
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

The wheels look to be the Mk2 rare optional extra, correct for that car.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

I wonder if it really does have air con though.
Bit lacking in description and piccies of important bits thinks I.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

I have asked the seller, and apparently it does and it works.
Hi mat yes air conditioning does work wen on to fans in the front run there is a canister in the system that can be refilled to make it run more efficiently. The vehicle has tinted windows all the best,
So worth a punt for someone I reckon even if it was just for bits.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

As a car, not so much, for bits though....hhmm....

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

That's what I thought - if the fans cut in when you turn the A/C on, then it should have some pressure in the system, therefore should be leak free. Either that or someone's bridged the pressure switch...as you could read the seller's reply as
the two fans in the front work, but the system needs filling with gas to actually cool you down
Reading between the lines and all that!

1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

There's certainly many a slip between a functioning and non-functioning aircon system. The next logical question to ask is when it was last re-gassed. For parts it's certainly a potential mine of useful aircon stuff at the very least, though I'd say Tom's thumbnail rule of "spend another £500 at least to get it up and running properly" could apply here.

I was bemused too by the lack of information too and implied lack of confidence that the seller's got by putting it in as a spares-or-repair car (particularly in view of the aircon).

However, if the "complete suspension overhaul 3yrs ago" was a Pleiades job (it's the right part of the country) then it could be the kind of owner - or previous owner - who pays the money rather than asks questions. If it did have a complete Pleiades job rather than just a new set of spheres then of course it'd be Kunifer-piped...
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
sdelasal
BXpert

Post by sdelasal »

docchevron1472 - what do you mean when you say ... "As a car, not so much, .." expensive, undesirable model, .... you've seen the car in the flesh ...or ..? I'm just wondering as I ideally want an estate - but could be tempted. Steve
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

I think its worth a punt, even if the A/C doesnt work, be honest how many people REALLY use it? 2/3 days out of the year? Its a nice thing to have as is leather ( personally I dont) but in the grand scheme of things if its as tidy as it looks and runs ok then would make someone a good motor. Its in my watched list on fleabay.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

I would say it gets used on about 50% of journies - perhaps it's just me but I get really hot in a car so I find it very useful. Plus it's great for demisting in winter.

1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

sdelasal wrote:docchevron1472 - what do you mean when you say ... "As a car, not so much, .." expensive, undesirable model, .... you've seen the car in the flesh ...or ..? I'm just wondering as I ideally want an estate - but could be tempted. Steve
Just speaking personally really.
Cant say I've any desire to buy that car and use it as a car, but as a mobile pile of bits for other cars I have that are a known quantity it has potential.

Thats not to say it isn't a bad car (I haven't seen it) but if I bought it, the air con would be removed, the engine kept as a spare and the rest would be going to China.

DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

Bidding-up's started - getting more expensive for a pile of bits (even aircon bits) with a fair way to travel....
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
KRomer

Post by KRomer »

Hi all, I'm new to this forum and also the new owner of this car.

It really was a whole lotter better than I expected and has indeed had a hydraulics renovation and a lot of other work done. I'm it's 3rd owner the previous had it for a couple of years and has had it serviced regularly, but the first owner had maintained without regard to money.

I'm planning on using it as a daily runner.

I will post a little more info and some pics (if I can figure out how) in the gallery.
'91 bx tzd turbo
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

If it's turned out to be a good'un, then £200 for that car is a bargain.

Welcome along.
this might be a signature