My First BX 19 TRS

A place for us to show off our cars in all their glory. Please keep picture sizes to about 800x600 pixels.
SICK_BX_19TRS

My First BX 19 TRS

Post by SICK_BX_19TRS »

First, before anything. I am new to these forums and I hope that this forum can help me out on my new journey with my BX. Im going to be honest with you. I don't know that much about BX's. I Live in The States (NEW JERSEY) and I came across this neat looking car at a local garage. Apparently someone abandoned the car I seen this car and how great condition the body was in and the "now owner" of the car gave me the keys to check it out and it started right up and thats after he told me he hasnt touched it in 3 months. i was amazed and fell in love. Unfortunatly the only thing about the car that bothers me is that i dont know how to mod it and what to do with it. Im in need of parts and in dying need of 2 front seats the front seat thats in the car now is from a minivan.. I need your guys help on what I should do with this car where I could go to get my parts with me being in the states are there any good websites i can visit? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Ive included some pics of my car. Tell me what you think??

Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Welcome. Well, I think you're the only BX owning member we have from the States. The biggest issue for you will be finding another BX (I don't believe they were sold there - but I might be wrong). Your's (nice looking TRS by the way) looks like it might have been a special import.

Other members will respond to your fascinating situation: A car you love. And no idea (and why would you?) what to do with it :lol:

If you're going to get this BX on the road and in the form you want it will call for some inventive solution - and as you surmise, obtaining parts could be a real issue: But I reckon there are BX's in Canada (received wisdom)...
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
SICK_BX_19TRS

Post by SICK_BX_19TRS »

Yeah, I beleive it was imported because the car was abandoned over by the port. But Im glad I took advantage and purchased it.. I only paid $800 USD . This card was definatly not sold here. Its a head turner. Another reason why Im thrilled to own this car. Im close to getting this thing on the road its been a long process but its almost over.. I hope I could find all the parts that i need..
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

all the TRS's ive seen pictures of before had a different boot spoiler to that one , a black rubber ducktail sort of thing ( or am I mistaken )
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

Absolutely right - that style of spoiler didn't appear until a long time after the TRS was produced - apart from on the BX Sport.

Those bumpers (fenders?) are unpainted replacement units in grey plastic.

Have you been in contact with these people - they import 2CV parts by container. http://www.citroenimportservices.com/pages/About.htm

Mechanically, the engine and gearbox is the same as that on a carb-fed 1.9 Peugeot 405, if those reached the USA. Injection-fed, it's also on the 405 and 205GTi.

Even in Europe, BX parts are getting harder to find, now that Citroen is no longer legally obliged to provide them: mainland Europe is the best source of lhd-specific parts (Holland is probably the best bet for finding English-speakers, and there are very active Citroen clubs there).
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

so was the TRS a non injection GTI ( I suppose a GT in fact )
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

DLM wrote:Absolutely right - that style of spoiler didn't appear until a long time after the TRS was produced - apart from on the BX Sport.
Wasn't such a long time, the TRS replaced the GT (basically exactly the same car, just a mk2) and the GTi replaced the GT in late '86, with the GTi having the hoop spoiler. It appeared pretty much a couple of months after the 19TRS was announced and the hoop spoiler continued to the end of production.

Not sure if it was first used on the Sport, or the road going 4TC. Suspect you're right with the Sport.
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

ooh so I was right the TRS was a noninjection GT \:D/ \:D/
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Great find that car. I'd have a look to see if you have any historic car clubs in your local vicinity, even if they dont know too much about citroen's, they may have various contacts etc... that could help you out with parts.

Some of the citroen clubs dotted around america, may do container loads now & again, so perhaps you can source various parts from the uk or europe & get them delivered to the container guy's to save on serious shipping costs on the larger parts such as the seats.

Keep us informed of how you get along :D
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Jasmine - Now SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - My daily
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired.
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.
Mike E (uk)
1K Away

Post by Mike E (uk) »

Peugeot 405s were imported into the USA.

I have heard of one BX in Canada, but that was years ago.

BX seats are easy enough to find in the UK, if you are not fussy about the exact type.

To avoid matching interior trim, just buy a complete interior, they are cheap here-but it would need to travel in a container unless you have a pal in the USAF with a C5.

Mike
la BX 16 soupapes: sachez apprecier avec moderation.

It might be clever now, but it won't be in the morning!