Hurricane's 19 TXD

A place for us to show off our cars in all their glory. Please keep picture sizes to about 800x600 pixels.
Hurricane
BXpert

Hurricane's 19 TXD

Post by Hurricane »

Went for a drive today and ended up on Preston Docks.

Current Mileage is 129,659.

And the aerial pic.

Stickers on the back are only temporary untill we put that Tailblazer on, just need a piece of the Red coloured plastic to repair the broken bit, and may cut it out of the spare lights.

Next on the agenda is sorting that rear spoiler, and touching up the rest, possibly removing the tow bar.

Interior is imaculate. Incl CD Player/Stereo now fitted, at last!

Thanks, Martyn.
Last edited by Hurricane on Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
K BX 19 TXD
J BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
J BX TZD Turbo
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

Looking good there, Martyn! :D

(btw.....Monica now has a working parcel shelf - cheers!)
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Fabulous looking BX, there. I like the elevated shot particularly...
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
M

Post by M »

/\/\/\ what he said - tough if it were me I would have driven it down the other side of the Marina and parked it on the grass mound near the flagpole - mind you I do have some fond memories of Lockside car park, an Austin Metro I once owned and a girl called Suzanne :wink:

Looking good Martyn.
Hurricane
BXpert

Post by Hurricane »

Well thought I would update on this car to let you know how things are going, it's been running as sweet as can be for the past few months and just got it Taxed again for a further 6 months last week.

Mileage is now over 130,000, took the rear spoiler off and got a paint match and sorted all the paint flaking out so that is now done. We want to get the towbar off soon because it looks a mess and we have never used it.

I havent got many pictures recently but have got this one I took about a month ago outside Stoneyhurst College I think it is, this big posh looking one near Clitheroe in Lancashire...

It needs some BX Club stickers now. :D
K BX 19 TXD
J BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
J BX TZD Turbo
Father Ted

Post by Father Ted »

I might (and I do mean might) have ONE eft somewhere, its a bit scratty but would do in an emergency. You haavent moved house have you? I wil see if I can find it and then pop it through the door one night.
Hurricane
BXpert

Post by Hurricane »

Father Ted wrote:I might (and I do mean might) have ONE eft somewhere, its a bit scratty but would do in an emergency. You haavent moved house have you? I wil see if I can find it and then pop it through the door one night.
Nope we're still here. :P

One sticker is in the Hurricane and the other went away with the other I think so need one for this!
K BX 19 TXD
J BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
J BX TZD Turbo
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Next month I will hopefully be sorting some new design ones... see another thread somewhere or other :)
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Father Ted

Post by Father Ted »

Hurricane wrote:It needs some BX Club stickers now. :D
Put one through teh letter box this afternoon.
Hurricane
BXpert

Post by Hurricane »

Yep found it before, thanks for dropping it round. :D
K BX 19 TXD
J BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
J BX TZD Turbo
Hurricane
BXpert

Post by Hurricane »

Taxed & Tested for another 12 months from today, will help keep a part of the BX flag flying in Preston.

^^bx>

So thought I would put a few of these pictures back up, it's not changed from these pictures apart from the 2 stickers on the back are gone.

Been all over the place in it these few months and pleased to say it's not missed a beat, not much I can think of doing to it apart from towbar coming off and maybe a sportier looking exhaust or a pinstripe, or maybe something else but I'm happy with it for now.

Will try and get a couple of up to date pictures tommorow.
K BX 19 TXD
J BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
J BX TZD Turbo
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Classy looking car that mr, nice and shiny too, the triton green always polishes up well.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Hurricane
BXpert

Post by Hurricane »

One from Lancaster today.

Classy looking car that mr, nice and shiny too, the triton green always polishes up well.
Thanks, Cherry Blossom Shoe Polish. 8)
K BX 19 TXD
J BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
J BX TZD Turbo
Hurricane
BXpert

Post by Hurricane »

A couple more left on my phone which I want to stick in here, went to the same place on New Years Day this year as we did with the Hurricane last year, probably as close as they're both gonna get for a while away from the driveway, even if it was a year apart. :(

1st Jan 2009.

1st Jan 2010.

K BX 19 TXD
J BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
J BX TZD Turbo
Hurricane
BXpert

Post by Hurricane »

It's been off the road sat on the driveway since October when we got the Hurricane on the road again, been starting it up and moving up and down the driveway, it's running fine although 2 of the tyres have just about had it.

So started it up at weekend and moved it into the garage to store dry untill a later date, it's ready to go, running sweet, just needs new tyres, MOT, Tax and a bit of a wash and we'll be away.

For now we're running the Hurricane but at least the TXD is in dry storage and ready to be fired up if needed. It's a sound car and very good looking, just a shame we can't run 2 at once right now.
K BX 19 TXD
J BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
J BX TZD Turbo