Hurricane spotted in St Helens

Tell us about BXs you have spotted on the road, or BXs/parts spotted for sale including eBay finds.
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Hurricane spotted in St Helens

Post by jonathan_dyane »

Driving down Elton Head Road out of Rainhill. Looked tidy.
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski
c90cassette
Confirmed BX'er

hi jonathan how are you?

Post by c90cassette »

hi jonathan have u scrapped u xantia yet?what are you driving round in now?ok see u bye rob
hi i am rob in liverpool 1989 bx 17 dtr turbo
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

Still in the 306 with dodgy repaint, however all being well next month it's engine will be going into my BX. Took the Xantia over the bridge today after salvaging what I could and got 70 quid which I was pleased with; obviously scrap is on the way up...
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski
c90cassette
Confirmed BX'er

hi jonathan

Post by c90cassette »

hi jonthan thanks ok i will look out for 306!!which place did you scrap your xantia?thanks rob
c90cassette
Confirmed BX'er

hi jonathan

Post by c90cassette »

did you see new york dolls on jools holland few weeks ago?
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

I did, and thought they came across as dicks!

I took the Xantia to the scrap metal place on Newton Road, just off Prescot Road. It was a fairly unpleasant journey with the Xantia stuck on high after I removed the accumulator, being dragged on a towpole with no brakes or lights getting jiggled to fuck due to the suspension. I expected one of the struts to appear through the bonnet at any time, and the spare wheel carrier becoming dislodged and banging on the road over every imperfection in the road surface didn't help blending into the background...
c90cassette
Confirmed BX'er

hi jonathan

Post by c90cassette »

hi jonathan ok thanks for that.glad you got the scrappers ok !give me a shout if you need a hand anytime?see you bye rob.