these must be jolly rare ( original wind deflectors)

Tell us about BXs you have spotted on the road, or BXs/parts spotted for sale including eBay finds.
bexxy
Confirmed BX'er

Post by bexxy »

Suppose he got a good price for the accessories but i wanted them whatever the price , i already have aftermarket front ones but these are genuine citroen and theres 4 of them in very good condition considering the age of them, as for the engine it was getting in his way and he was pleased to get shot of it i think he said it was out of a mk1 bx 1600 auto with about 40k on it so it is a start to my spare part collection .
mark..
2010 Berlingo 1.6 hdi (15000 miles
2009 107 silver 5dr (9k)
2006 C15 Rouge , windows all round (27k )
3 Honda C90 cubs ( 24miles, 400miles, 10k)
2010 Suzuki van van 125 (172 miles )
Raleigh Bomber pushbike
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

bexxy wrote: and really knows his stuff when it comes to citroens
Indeed he does, which is why it's rather sad that a few people seem to be having a go at an absolute gentleman lately.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

docchevron1472 wrote:
bexxy wrote: and really knows his stuff when it comes to citroens
Indeed he does, which is why it's rather sad that a few people seem to be having a go at an absolute gentleman lately.
Agree totally!

DR is a mine of information on a variety of vehickles, not just Citroen BXs.
He is also an extremely generous and helpful individual, when it comes to finding those elusive parts!

In common with a lot of people in our current society, David gets pissed-off by a lot of the things which are becoming ever-more prevalent in "Britain 2009", such as the totally-unnecessary use of text-speak, and the refusal of a lot of new members to actually read & follow some of the simple rules of Forum-posting!

Keep up the good work, David! It is appreciated! :D
citro-geoff
Confirmed BX'er
My Cars: Xantia VSX Estate-146K-1996 (The wifes car)
BX TZD Turbo-317K- Awaiting repair/donor car(broken subframe)
BX TZD Turbo-202K-project car ongoing
BX TZD Turbo-212k-One owner car rescued from being scrapped.
2CV Charleston-101K-One owner car awaiting restoration.
ZX Memphis-185K-Wifes daily driver.

Wind deflectors.

Post by citro-geoff »

I bought front and rears from Eternal car this year for 2 BX's and for the CX Safari. If you want them,mail them via their website on Ebay,they are still available for most older Citroens. The more you buy,the cheaper the postage.
1995 ZX Memphis TD Saloon 176k
1997 XANTIA VSX ESTATE-112K(the Wife's!!)
1993 BX TZD Turbo Estate 202k waiting repairs for mot.(Just started to fix it!!)
1985 2CV 100k - waiting full restoration.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

mountainmanUK wrote:He is also an extremely generous and helpful individual
Unfortunately I might have to disagree...last year I bought an engine from David (unseen). Not only did he want a shockingly outrageous sum for the engine, he wanted money to cover the fuel and his time to travel the 300 mile round trip from where he was visiting in South Wales. And it took him several days before he would be able to deliver!

(In case anyone didn't realise, there *may* have been a trace of sarcasm in the above remarks; the engine is still going strong 18 months later and I'm very grateful to David for his help and the bargain engine.)

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
mountainmanUK

Post by mountainmanUK »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

mat_fenwick wrote:the engine is still going strong 18 months later
Excellent. That engine always did have plenty of life left in it.. it was the car being crashed into that could have prematurely ended it's life.

I'm also grateful to Mat and his Wife for their wonderful hospitality.
this might be a signature