What to do Sunday?

Anything about BXs
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

What to do Sunday?

Post by Kitch »

The girlfriend and I are very much into the Titanic and related things. I had a great grandfather onboard and hers helped built it in N.Ireland, so we were delighted to hear there was an exibition in London. Were gonna make a day of it, London eye etc.....although the thought of taking the 16v into London city centre is a bit scary.

Only thing is we're too late and its gone. Still want to do something interesting and memorable on Sunday.....any ideas? Thinking Heritage Motor Museum at the mo? Or stick with London and go to Natural History Museum etc?

Ideas chaps....I don't mind travelling as I get to travel in style :lol:
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

I love london at the weekends! You can park on single yellow lines and NOT loose your car or get a ticket! I have no idea how that works but i parked in the buiness district on a single yellow for the shole of saturday and not a problem what so ever!

It always seems very quiet at the weekends, which is a bit weird and i play 'Black Monday' a lot which is based on a london map so i find my way round pretty easy!

I quite like just wandering around london TBH, try it, its fun!
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Nat Hist Museum is good as is the British Museum.

Or head to York and check out the excellent Railway Museum.

These are all free! Heritage Motor Museum is about £8 to get in and more if you need to eat. It is a good collection however.

Personally I hate London but I think that's because I don't like cities or driving in them!

Ian
Stinkwheel
1K Away

Post by Stinkwheel »

I like walking in London too,

Heritage centre is great, land rover thing is good fun innit Ian :-)

I took my black 16v to london once, went to albert hall to see a concert, parked BX in side street, managed to find a nice easy space, put money in to take meter to after free time so sorted. Came back after great show, found Id left the car unlocked for 4 hours, in london. DOH!!!!
Doctor Of Gonzo Journalism!!!
93 BX TZD Estate
90 BX 14TE St Tropez
93 BX 19 TXD Estate
92 BX 16TXi
77 Ami 8 Break
79 Acadiane
81 Dyane6
84 2CV6
85 GSA saloon rally car
To slightly mis-quote Kitch ... "BX 14. They're just brilliant!"
Gareth Wales
BXpert

Post by Gareth Wales »

Kitch
If you can possibly avoid it Don't park your car in Central London - anytime - trust me.
I lived there for many years, and recently visited old friends to discover that in some central areas, - particularly around the City - hoodies have taken over parking meter spaces whcih they "rent" to wealthy city types who want to avoid the congestion charges. Any "foreign" car is likely to be attacked. Oh yes, don't forget to empty your glove box and leave the lide open to demonstrate this. And of course leave the lid off the very empty boot.
Enjoy London - I once did.
Gareth
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

You could always collect a BX for me and drive it back?

On a more `on topic` note how about Soho at night? Went years ago now with `er indoors and it`s far from the seedy, dodgy area it has a reputation for it`s actually vibrant, fun and safe. Well worth it. I love London, all my family originate from there (I was the only one born outside of London though still a southerner by birth). Unfortunately haven`t been in years, least not properly.
As a pround Englishman/Brit/royalist you can`t beat the place i.m.h.o.
Vauxhall apologist.
Oscar
1K Away

Post by Oscar »

You can safely park in Lincoln's Inn Fields all weekend.

The Imperial War Museum is good for engineering, and has some very moving exhibits.
(Red BX 1.7TZD ("Well, it is a style icon" - Tom Sheppard)) "Was", Tom, "was"
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

And, unless I'm mistaken there's an excellent shop: Motor Books in Covent Garden. A real Mecca for classic car fans.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Thanks for suggestions! It's looking like London at the moment. Like the idea of the Nat Hist Museum....did someone say it was free? :lol:
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)