Jonathan's 1991 TZD Turbo Estate

A place for us to show off our cars in all their glory. Please keep picture sizes to about 800x600 pixels.
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Jonathan's 1991 TZD Turbo Estate

Post by jonathan_dyane »

Well it lives! Finally I'm back in my BX after an engine kindly donated by Bandit and a bit of elbow grease.

Seems to be running very well (touches wood...) and the upgrade to wider steels and 185/60 tyres has improved grip considerably, which is nice :)

"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

That's one very tasty BX. I trust she'll give lots more loyal service! Hearing about (as well as benefiting from) the generosity of members in donating parts - or even whole engines or cars - never fails to cheer me up.
Nice one.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

Thankyou, the pic is perhaps slightly flattering, but she is a good example...

I did the clutch and a few other bits and pieces while I was on, and have a bit on the o/s sill to sort for the next MOT, but she is a sound car.
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Nice clean car that, I think the Xantia wheels and trims suit it well.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Roverman wrote:Xantia wheels
Are they the ones I think they might be? If so I have a matching spare...used but legal.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

Cheers Mat, but they're not 'those' wheels, I have stuck to 14" with the 3 good tyres and rims off the (now shredded) 306, and one slightly shonky Berlingo wheel and tyre...