BX'er of the Week

Anything about BXs
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Congrat`s from me too, this is the sort of spirit which makes this forum such a great place to be.
Vauxhall apologist.
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

Blimey!

*takes to the stage, standing behind the rostrum (bx bonnet) holding the award (a flat sphere, welded to a plinth)*

"I couldn't have done it without help from others...I'd like to thank everyone who had a part in this.... The nice man who sold me some diesel fuel to make the journey... the bloke who sold me the steel to make the A-frame.... The nice lady who sold the BX for making a cracking cup of tea..... "

*starts to get all emotional at the rostrum, and is guided off by the host.....*

Getting back to reality......

Ta muchly. I'm glad I could be of assistance, and it was actually quite fun. The look on the sellers face (Trish... if I remember correctly) when I explained that not only had the buyer bought the car unseen, but that I was picking it up, and had never even met the buyer, was absolutely priceless!

I also told her about this site, as both her and her husband were Citroen enthusiasts. She was quite sad to be selling the car, and I think will be back in a Citroen fairly soon... after all, she's currently in a Nissan primera. How very bland indeed!

It also has to be said.... what a very nice BX it is too... £100 for that car was a bargain.
this might be a signature
Oscar
1K Away

Post by Oscar »

Economists have started to spend a lot of time examining the role of trust in a society - whether you trust the person you are dealing with will influence what kind of transaction you have (a single-round or mult-round deferred transaction, for instance), whether you trust that the rule of law will be respected will influence whether you invest in a country.

Some people have pointed out that the decline of public life and organisations, such as bowling leagues, have contributed to the decline in trust in public life.

I think it's one of the huge benefits of this forum that our hobby brings us together and provides a level of trust that is so often lacking in life in general.

And well done David for towing that car - another one saved.

Oscar
(Red BX 1.7TZD ("Well, it is a style icon" - Tom Sheppard)) "Was", Tom, "was"
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

Post by mnde »

I still can't believe that I bought a car *blind* off ebay :shock:

My friend Chris has been a bad influence :twisted:

I placed an immense amount of trust in the sincerity of the seller, and it has paid dividends. And feeling able to put my trust in someone I'd never met to tow the car all that distance for me... that says a lot about the dynamic of this forum/club :)

I can't believe my luck, after following so many BX's on ebay, many lacking T&T... that I seem to have landed myself such a bargain.

Thanks again to David, and to Ken who spotted the car in the first place :)

Mark.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

I have both bought and sold cars on eBay, I've met some very genuine people, trying to find a home for their past pride and joy. :D

I've also met a couple of the other kind. :twisted:
They think it's all over, it is now!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I`ve had mostly good experiences of buying blind because the price has mostly been right so it`s all relevant.
The £1.60 BX is a perfect example: I reckon the headgasket has gone and for some reason the exhaust seems full of oil. It`s smoking it`s botty off and there`s sure to be other things I find which the previosu owner hasn`t mentioned.
However I don`t really care because at that price it`s now worth arguing. Had I paid £100/£150 upwards I may have refused to buy it or had cause for complaint.
Even cars that I have paid reasonable money for on eBay have been pretty much ok, people with good feedback are the best as they don`t want their reputation ruined for an old banger so will describe fairly.
Vauxhall apologist.
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

Well done Dave, another one saved, I like what folks have been saying about trust and perhaps kindness in an increasingly untrusting world, spontaneous acts of kindness are appropriate for the season too.
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

To whom is in charge.We are now 2 weeks into 2006 and we have no BXer of the week.Please sort this out(tongue firmlt in cheek)
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Dear Drooper............................
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

I'd nominate Cavmad but, not only has he bought more than most of us this week, he's also broken more. :lol:
They think it's all over, it is now!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

(In a desperate attempt at winning an award)... but the one I`ve broken will save at least 3 or more BX`s including the TZD if the vendor ever gets back to me :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

How many Bxs have you broken Cavmad?
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

not enough or we would all have the parts we would need!

I think i would happily nominate Cavmad this week as he's provided me with a lot o spares at a very agreeable spares which are off to two BX's, one of which is crash damaged and will be put back onto the road as soon as it is MOT'd. So it may be one down (which i might add was rotten in the front inner wings and the boot floor was held on by the towbar electrics and not a lot else), but its already one up and probably more!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

tim leech wrote:How many Bxs have you broken Cavmad?
Only one to be fair but it`s saved two for Vanny, one for me (hopefully) and at least 4 others that I know of. I may end up breaking the white diesel estate as it looks like no takers for it but that will save at least another 3 cars.
Is that enough grovelling? :D
Vauxhall apologist.
Stinkwheel
1K Away

Post by Stinkwheel »

whats the situation with the white estate? Im not familiar with it.

What sort of things does it need doing and how much are you looking for it?
Doctor Of Gonzo Journalism!!!
93 BX TZD Estate
90 BX 14TE St Tropez
93 BX 19 TXD Estate
92 BX 16TXi
77 Ami 8 Break
79 Acadiane
81 Dyane6
84 2CV6
85 GSA saloon rally car
To slightly mis-quote Kitch ... "BX 14. They're just brilliant!"