Bx Turbo diesel

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
sleepy0905
1K Away

Bx Turbo diesel

Post by sleepy0905 »

Hi all i am testing the water to see if there are any turbo diesel`s or NA diesels up for sale and at what sort of price as i may be thinking about replacing mine or if i can find a cheap one with a shot engine then doing a transplant but the transplant option would be a last resort I am still waiting for contact from 425cc is best who is offering a athena for free but i am waiting to find out if it is diesel or petrol but he hasnt been back on yet.
2017 Seat Leon ST FR 2.0 150Bhp
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Whats up with your sleepy looked lovely to me!
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

Having some major headaches its peeing oil out of the cam seal ( timing belt end) flow distributor is weeping and the bleeding starting problem is driving me mad see my posting in the technical section.
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

Yes it looks great now, and it has most of the best BX bits on it anyway.
Get a basket case rear ended TZD off ebay then swap away?.
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

Sleepy, i can confirm that 425isbest (Ben) Athena is the 1.6 Petrol.

I'm after a turbo diesel or even NA diesel too!
Over and out from me
Tim2cv
BXpert

Post by Tim2cv »

Ian dont you mean a BX? derv petrol, other....

TIM
2CV6 1986 Dolly

MEHARI 1976

DYANE 6 1981 - GF'S CAR!

www.bx16valve.co.uk/forum

www.myspace.com/tim2cv
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Sleepy, I`m a little confused by your post but if you`re after a diesel engine I`ve one here which you can try out first, it`s a 1.9 n/a and pulls very well. You can also have any other bits you need to go with it if you`re doing a conversion including any electrical gubbins plus of course alternator and starter etc.
Vauxhall apologist.
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

does your engine leak oil as mine is peeing oil out of the cam seal and cam cover despite all my efforts at fixing the cam cover it still leaks i have replaced the gasket and the cover but it still leaks and the cam seal i havnt even looked at yet but got to do it soon as its getting worse, what i was doing was seeing what was available out there so i could possibly get a cheap runerround while i pull mine of the road to do the list of jobs that want doing and change the interior over.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

No! It runs very well engine wise and you can take it for a good test drive first. You can take the whole car (if you want it) and drive it home though MOT expires any day now if it hasn`t already, but it`s taxed until end of Feb. I`m confident in the engine and in fact I`m quite probably going to go to Kent in in in the next few days if MOT hasn`t expired. I could deliver to you for the fuel costs if neccessary.
Vauxhall apologist.
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

Hi cavmad what condition is the car and would it go through another mot ok do you have any pictures.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

It`d want a fair bit for next MOT Sleepy, not saying it coudl`nt be done but will need a bit. I do have quite a few of the things it will want here though.
Vauxhall apologist.
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

Hi cavmad you said i can have it for the fuel cost how much would that be then i am very interested in your offer.