Jet_Black's BX TXD Turbo 1992

A place for us to show off our cars in all their glory. Please keep picture sizes to about 800x600 pixels.
jet_black

Jet_Black's BX TXD Turbo 1992

Post by jet_black »

Here's Geoffrey :D

Not bad for £400 eh? He's from Ash in Kent, now living with us in Nottingham :D Only 69,400 miles on the clock (genuine) :shock: The seller gave us loads of spare parts with it including: complete cylinder head, turbo, fuel pump, 2 starters and 2 alternators, plus general servicing gear :twisted: He needs new spheres and brake disks and calipers but nothing major, it helps having a brother in the trade :wink: Goes like a stabbed rat :lol:

The seller said the alloys come from a Peugeot 309 GTI but not 100% on that.
Last edited by jet_black on Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Nice car that mate, the wheels are from a 205 GTi but look well, Im sure I have a cigar lighter somewhere and am not far away from you.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

jet_black wrote:The seller said the alloys come from a Peugeot 309 GTI but not 100% on that.
Roverman wrote:Nice car that mate, the wheels are from a 205 GTi but look well, Im sure I have a cigar lighter somewhere and am not far away from you.
Hi Tim,
True if it's a 1.6 GTi which had the 14" Pepperpots as illustrated in the photos but these were also fitted to the 309 TD GRD models too (Having kept the ones on my Lady friends cleaned for the last 8 or more years and also having personally re-furbishing them for her recently too before she Sold the car) I have not yet forgotten :D .
The 1.9 205/309 GTi's both had the 15" 'D' shaped holed alloy wheels.

BTW 'jet_black' good to see its turned out to be a good one, I should have dashboard clock or a trinket tray type which is the one I think your really after (With it being a TXD Turbo) I'll PM you with details.
Cheers !
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Yup my mate had the same wheels on his BX which were 15" ran ok on them but threw the speedo out a bit.
jet_black

Post by jet_black »

We're sorted with the clock and lighter now thanks :D

It's funny you should mention the speedo as Geoffrey's looks like it may be on it's way out (the needle wobbles a lot) :?
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

jet_black wrote:

It's funny you should mention the speedo as Geoffrey's looks like it may be on it's way out (the needle wobbles a lot) :?
Thats standard equipment on any BX mate, even the low mileage ones, change both the cables and it will cure it.........for a bit :lol:
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
jet_black

Post by jet_black »

just had some work done on the bx. new front & rear discs complete with pads, new front spheres & accumulator sphere which has solved the main problems inherited when we bought the car and rides like new and stops when asked. all of the work was carried out by RxBx who did a fabulous job, thanks a lot mate :D