Talking B____X

Tell us about life with your BX, or indeed life in general!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

No, actually it's from Italy; a tuners called Giannini Automobili, Roma.

Like our's has been tuned! :lol:

I must say, with the two rearmost seats removed, relatively unladen with the wind behind us it'll go at a fair lick - cruise all day at 82. Acceleration (0-100 kph supposed to be around the 12.5 sec mark I think) is not too disgraceful either.

But it's no sports van. :roll:

They do a 135 bhp 16v version which is a bit quick for an MPV - compared with its contemporaries that is.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Reflecting upon the forum as it is, I can't help thinking, that if were Jon - or indeed Mr. B or indeed Anders, I would've removed my name from the section moderator sub head on each of the sections. Seeing as this forum is unmoderated - and unlikely to be as no one will put themselves forward without incurring ridicule or worse - it seems odd to have moderator names up, that's all. :?
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Philip Chidlow wrote:Reflecting upon the forum as it is, I can't help thinking, that if were Jon - or indeed Mr. B or indeed Anders, I would've removed my name from the section moderator sub head on each of the sections. Seeing as this forum is unmoderated - and unlikely to be as no one will put themselves forward without incurring ridicule or worse - it seems odd to have moderator names up, that's all. :?
Your point is valid on the obsolete names appended to the forum but the forum is not really unmoderated is it - more self moderated.

Even so, David R, Cavmad & Doc have each attempted to bring some reason to the forum against irrational and petulant posters and have reasoned openly for all to see on the forum which in my view is preferable to the clandestine operations of secret mods or others (the pm's kiwi has admitted to receiving, for instance)!

You (& we all) should be reflecting on that these 3 have been stalwarts of this forum in humour, openness and have probably done more to assist people in time of need here than many others. The current reprehensible behaviour of Kiwi (& those in this PM Cartel) should be condemned by all.
1991 BX19GTi Auto
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Maybe. But I'm not convinced TBH.

IMO, there is an element of six of one and half a dozen of the other, historically.

But hey, I'm not really interested any more.

Not that it matters one jot, but I might not be too quick responding to any feedback.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

I just tells it like I see's it.
If people dont like it then tough really.
Equally if people want to throw shit my way, no problem with that either.

I dont think we should be too hard on the ex-pat TBH, he clearly has some serious mental health issues.

As for the rest of it, has it ever been any different, really?

Can't rememebr it ever having been so, and it's muddled along well enough.

Ok, there's always been two camps of stalwarts, and lets face it, we dont really get on alot of the time, but it's a rare thing for it to boil over to explosive point, and even then, the last few times it has done has been down to other factors, including the whole Hitler Hurley and Steve Shitehawk episode of nazism.

Since what time we've had only self moderation, and it's all been quite calm has it not?, apart form the odd (and I do mean ODD in it's truest sense) outpourings of nuttiness from Kiwi, it's just been the usual mud flingers that cant take it moaning, and the rest carrying on as usual, status quo retained I'd say.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Self-moderation has been generally OK, (although a certain thread's been locked I notice), but it doesn't change my personal view that, well, I have my doubts.

Let's see what happens. I'm very busy these days and although I like to dip into various forums - the time I spend will have to be rationed.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Hello everyone, been busy for much of the summer and there's not been a lot to report.

Thought I'd share a couple of pics with you. This Saturday I decided to clear out my office and put it all back together again, after chucking out a load of unwanted stuff that has accumulated in there during the past two years....

A bigger job than I was expecting (it's only 9' x 9' after all), as can be seen from the first pic (which doesn't include my computer workstation). It does include part of my library - including a worrying (?) amount of books about WW2, cars and architecture! And I discovered a few little items I thought had been lost...

So now it's all streamlined office and up-to-date communications etc. Ready for the next project - or three.

Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

For those who care/know about auxiliary driving lights, I picked up a pair of legendary Hella Comet 550's and a pair of Lucas FX95 lights today.

What a fascinating life I lead! :lol:
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Sold the Ulysse today. Some of the proceeds necessary to offset the shocking exchange rate as I need Euros for the BXagon. Hey ho. But all in all another satisfied customer and a fair price for us.
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Yeah, I'm finding finances a bit tighter than I expected! Pesky Euros.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Philip Chidlow wrote:Sold the Ulysse today. Some of the proceeds necessary to offset the shocking exchange rate as I need Euros for the BXagon. Hey ho. But all in all another satisfied customer and a fair price for us.

What are you going to replace the Fiat with Phil?
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Tourist
BXpert

Post by Tourist »

I hear there's a nice BX that'll be for sale soon :o
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Roverman wrote:
What are you going to replace the Fiat with Phil?
Well, there's a certain 14 and a TZD turbo estate due to join me after the BXagon :D :wink: :roll:
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Actually, have decided to stick with the GTi auto. A sublimely good BX.
And now have a St. Tropez to play with:

Oh and we are getting another addition to the family:

Mike E (uk)
1K Away

Post by Mike E (uk) »

Isn't that the love child of Team Green Tiger ?

:D
la BX 16 soupapes: sachez apprecier avec moderation.

It might be clever now, but it won't be in the morning!