Wanted!! Leather headrests!

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
richard
BXpert

Wanted!! Leather headrests!

Post by richard »

Hi

I am after black leather headrests for my BX. Anyone have such an article?

Cheers

Richard.
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

join the que! Only ONE pair of genuine rear leather head rests have been found in around 6 year! And it took a lot of effort!

However it has been suggested that if you take normal ones to a upholsterer, then you could get them retrimmed! Not quite the same but its really the only option i've found!
richard
BXpert

Post by richard »

That option crossed my mind! but how much will it cost! I would be tempted to get them covered in one of those leather look alike materials.

I will give it a little longer, then get quotes for this.

Were rear headrests an option with leather interior? I know someone with a 16v with leather and no rear headrests. You would think they would come as standard with a top of the range car!
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

Just to p1ss everyone here off, i've just bought a mint set of leather seats with proper rear headrests!!!

Any offers over a grand? LOL!!!!
Over and out from me
richard
BXpert

Post by richard »

Well done in your find. Can't be many about. Are you fitting them in your Hurricane?

Selling the headrests by any chance?

I dont think so somehow!!!

:(
Ian_Fearn

Post by Ian_Fearn »

If i get the red GTi then they'll be going in that as the Hurricane has a rather special interior.

The GTi just has the late GTi/TZD interior which is fairly common.

Leather wise..... I'll have to see how it suits me! It didnt feel that amazing when i went out in the car its coming out of.

I only wanted it because i've got a 'rarity' obsession!
Over and out from me
richard
BXpert

Post by richard »

I just love the BX leather seats. They are so comfortable! Much better than the electric super duper mega adjustable efforts in my Xantia, and they are more comfortable compared to many high spec German cars I have driven or been a passenger in. That even includes the Merc E220 CDi I was driving last week.

As far as rarity goes, I must have one of the few 1580cc cars with leather (even if it is not factory standard) :D
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

As far as rarity goes, I must have one of the few 1580cc cars with leather (even if it is not factory standard)
Does this mean you've got the lower-spec BX seats hand-covered in leather, Richard? Do explain, please. Those seats are very comfortable (unless the interior foam disintegrates) but their major failing has always been durability of the covers.
Ian_Fearn

Post by Ian_Fearn »

In my opinion the comfiest BX seats are those in the poverty spec models, TE, TG, RS etc. They've got nasty covers though.

Then the 8v GTI, TZ and TX range had lovely comfy seats with real nice material but not actually as comfy as the base spec cars

Then the 16v, i think these are downright uncomfortable when getting in and out but the best support and nice material.
Over and out from me
richard
BXpert

Post by richard »

The standard seats were starting to look a little shabby, the only thing realy letting the car down. Then came along some BX leather seats! The rest is history!