BXAGON CHALLENGE

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Yup, today was tinkering day - a mere 20 miles covered!

The scrapyard was a bit sad... :cry:

BXers enjoy a BBQ
Daisy
BXpert
My Cars: Citroen BX 19TGD 1991 "Daisy" RIP 21/7/2014
Citroen BX 19TGD 1990 "Myrtille "

Post by Daisy »

Come on guys and gals - I know some club members have supported the BXagon financially, but if everyone on here donated at least the cost of a bottle of LHM, Phil and the boys would have a nice total to come home to, and the knowledge that the club fully supported their efforts.
I thank you

(getting down off soapbox)

AM

..and before you ask, yes I have.
'90 19TGD 'Olympic Blue' "Myrtille"
'91 19TGD 'Alpine White' 28.02.91-21.07.14 "Daisy" R.I.P
Still on the road - Many thanks to Rob Moss at Chevronics, Hitchin, Herts
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

I'm sure Frugg will chip in a few hundred quid...oh no, sorry, my mistake...
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Getting close to the end now. We're back on the northern coast, in Dinan - a lovely place. Feels like we've been doing this for a very long time!!

It has certainly been great and we can't really believe that tomorrow is our last proper day (we're on a ferry Thursday afternoon). We're up to six cars again with Daisy also in town. Beach yesterday but roads increasingly dull after the marvellous scenery elsewhere. Can't have everything though eh?
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Make sure you have a few vinos tonight then. It's a bit too early to say but it looks as though you got round without any major issues ( apart from hangovers! :D )
I think that Phils latest avatar says it all really! Once again I wish I was there..
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Well, it's all but over here in France. There's still some work to do collecting pledges and donations and topping up the amount raised with some other schemes, but all-in-all, a great time was had by all.

A big thanks to everyone that helped make this happen :D
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Back home now. 3201 miles since the BX was last parked on the drive. Not bad for 13 days. Horrible roads here have rather taken the edge off things but I'm looking forward to a good night's kip, no driving tomorrow and getting my photos and videos sorted...

Thanks must go to Phil for giving us the opportunity to do this.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Well done guys, glad you got home safe!
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I am going to give an update on the donations due to be collected over the coming month. Plenty of pledges that need honoring. We will keep the account going for a few months hoping that we can continue to collect (by selling calendars etc) and maybe have a couple of mini-events.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
kermit the frog
BXpert

Post by kermit the frog »

Bloody hell
I have to say that everyone who participated in this event have been such good company and a great laugh.
We all managed to get around without any really big drama's just goes to show how reliable the old BX really is.
The Philibusters team total milage for the BXAGON averaged out at 276 miles a day.
The only real problem we encountered was a rather intermittant fault on the interior heater fan which chose to pack up whenever it was dark and raining which is not good for visability.
To all that have supported us as we have been doing this challenge i would like to say thanks for your kind and encouraging messages.
We have all had such a great adventure that will live with us all for a very long time.
The cause for which we did this was brought much closer this week while we were away.
A relative of mine lost her fight against cancer at the age of 43
So if any of you out there have a few quid spare then please give to this great cause.
We are all mortal.

Many thanks to Phil my co team mate for the effort he put in to getting this of the ground and again to all the paticipants for a great time.

PS by the way Mike i have your shoes (from the breakers yard).

Regards Kermit the frog :) :) :)
AKA Phil B
ALAN S an oracle of knowledge sadly missed by us all RIP Mate
Green Hornet well I don't really know.GS project gone to pastures new
Blue Streak 1996(P) XANTIA VSX TD (130K.)
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

MULLEY wrote:In the 1st video it was all going well, until 31 seconds in, you got overtaken by a suzuki Jimny :lol: :lol: Come on guy's, that was poor :wink: I expect another video to uphold bx honours :D
Wait 'till next week, I have a video through some cracking hairpins with the camera gaffa taped to the dash.
All I can say is that it was a brilliant event, enjoyed it immensely and liking my BX even more. However, after 8 nights sleeping in it (including a trip to the amusingly named Foret Bastard, which turned out to be the local dogging hotspot) I did enjoy a proper bed last night. No (new!) mechanical problems developed on the trip, and I sorted the dead windscreen washer pump on day two!

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Yeah, while it was certainly an entertaining event, I never lost sight of the fund raising aspect - and especially during the second week, I found it a bit of a challenge mentally. Not sure why - I've done massive roadtrips in far less speedy and comfortable machines before - but everyone who took part donated a lot of their own time for this venture - two weeks of holiday away from friends and family (though I think we've all made new friends too!).
millbanksunclub
Confirmed BX'er

Post by millbanksunclub »

Well done to you all looked like a great trip I am only sorry I could only go as far as Folkstone with you. Thanks for sending back the great photos, So want that leaper with the 34 plate.
Put me down for the round the UK trip if there is one on the cards
all the best
Graham
You are never more than 20 feet from a nudist.
Mike E (uk)
1K Away

Post by Mike E (uk) »

It certainly was a very enjoyable road trip, with excellent company, food & wine and great driving roads with superb scenery.

Overall 'Team Red leader' covered 3059 miles door to door, at an average of 37mpg which is 12.7p a mile in fuel.

Looking forward to a BXagon reunion next year.

Thanks again to Phil for organising the adventure, Mat for planning the routes and everyone else who helped make the 12 days such fun.

Mike E & Alan
la BX 16 soupapes: sachez apprecier avec moderation.

It might be clever now, but it won't be in the morning!
Mike E (uk)
1K Away

Post by Mike E (uk) »

Just re-checked the mpg, and it was 38.4 which is not bad considering the Alpine route.

Mike
la BX 16 soupapes: sachez apprecier avec moderation.

It might be clever now, but it won't be in the morning!