red Bx estate2.1 d12 in progressss (Romania)

A place for us to show off our cars in all their glory. Please keep picture sizes to about 800x600 pixels.
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

How did you go about polishing up the inlets on the CX engine, very shiney!
mihaistan
BXpert

Post by mihaistan »

same proces i used on mine inlet ... actually my father is doing these kind of inlets ... for years... polished aluminium ! they are as shiney on the inside ... and the head ... and everything inside :wink:
Citroen BX Estate turbo d12
mihaistan
BXpert

Post by mihaistan »

winter love ... jeep style :D

mihaistan
BXpert

Post by mihaistan »

the new wheels ... fits the lines of the car quite well !when it will be all finished should look good

Image[/
mihaistan
BXpert

Post by mihaistan »

and with the gearbox... dead , and the clutch on his last few miles... this is how it runs(a short movie... i am using 195/65/15 .. so the km.. shows less)

mihaistan
BXpert

Post by mihaistan »

New clutch

Image[/

And the new BE3 gearbox (still not sure i will use it ... i think i will combine it with other diff or something , for longer ratios)

thanks Romania for the rads and the dirt :cry:

Also done my injection pump(it had some problems , found out why it didn`t run at full potential )
In one week i hope to mount the new gearbox and clutch ,also hope to find the right new intercooler (the one above is not available)
also if things work out , i might end up making a BX HDI :D we shall see
mihaistan
BXpert

Post by mihaistan »

i come with news , the gearbox is done , we used the diff that i had on the old gearbox from 1.9 GT 16x59 , the be3 gearbox from the td had 16x63 :wink: the gearbox is very good .
Unfortunetly the clutch is toasted already , it does not hold the power (now that i am at 1.3 bar turbo pressure) so i am in search of a ceramic custom clutch ... only thing is that i have no more money , because i made an intercooler upgrade :)
But for now it is ok , even with the roasted clutch(smells very nice , NOT) it is a little faster than before .
It looks kinda` ugly with this bumper , so i am in search of a mk2 16 valve bumper to fit around the intercooler .(if you know somebody that has one ... please let me know , i will buy it and somehow get it to romania)

The sound of the old diesel :) i like it , very silent under normal driving ...
Jeth
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Jeth »

Just a quick notice Mihaistan, I did a dyno run with Xantia, it did 266hp and 421nm torque :P
mihaistan
BXpert

Post by mihaistan »

uh nice one jeth !!! i saw some short film on youtube ! sweeeeet :D

also .. i am now waiting for my ceramic clutch ... and also i bought a big turbo (that would be ready at the end of may .. i think)
Next weekend i hope to get the clutch done.. for drag racing (national) ... very powerfull cars... but i hope to get a 14 something sec on 400 m ... (i am runing on slicks) hope the gearbox will hold the power ... i will run at 1.2-1.3 bar if everything will work fine :D
Jeth
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Jeth »

I did 14.656 with 1,5bar boost (dynoed with 2bar)
mihaistan
BXpert

Post by mihaistan »

with xantia ? than it is very ok .. i am light :)
anyway ... no chance of making it until the event , the clutch didn`t arrive ... so even if it comes on saturday .. i can`t finish until sunday :cry: better luck next time !
mihaistan
BXpert

Post by mihaistan »

the healthy turbo , eating apple`s :lol: it is T3/T4

mihaistan
BXpert

Post by mihaistan »

;D my clutch kit is here , should be good for 400 nm +

and saving money for oil cooler and pipes for the new turbo ... can`t wait to see how it goes
mihaistan
BXpert

Post by mihaistan »

Sunday was good for me,first run on a drag strip(a bad drag strip with dust and sand..), the car needs some mods.. to be fine ... but for now it is ok , the clutch is holding ok .

the car needs more work .. but it is ok
mihaistan
BXpert

Post by mihaistan »

and some news , for some time i have made a injection pump with 11mm head in it , and it was great until yesterday it got sick and stopped working :? :shock: in search of the problem to put it back on the road :twisted:
Also made the front bumper much nicer (still have to make some vents cuz now looks like a tank :lol: )
Ans some pics

no smoke , no poke !