My New 4x4!

Anything about BXs
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

I REPEAT, THE OFFER MUST BE ACCEPTABLE FOR BOTH MYSELF AND BILLY.

Somebody would need to source a new spline shaft.
Over and out from me
Ian_Fearn

Post by Ian_Fearn »

Over and out from me
M

Post by M »

Oh I wish I had the space - I would save the body shell (sans lights / wheels / engine) if only to shove a diesel lump in it.
(((Runs and hides from the purists)))
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Thought u got it free?
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

What sort of money are you looking at?
Ian_Fearn

Post by Ian_Fearn »

I've paid 50quid for it as a good will gesture and Billy is obviously having to take the time and petrol money to collect it.
Over and out from me
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

So how much do you want for it then Ian, and what will be missing off it?
Ian_Fearn

Post by Ian_Fearn »

If you or anybody is interested then the deal must be between myself AND crucially Billy after Billy has got everything he wants off it.
Over and out from me
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Having spoken to Ian and realising how much it will cost to put this car back on the road, I cant help guys, Unless someone has a 19GTi 2wd with a rotten shell they want to use as a donor.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Thanks Ian. If it helps anyone I almost certainly have every standard BX part to replace the ones I want from the car so essentially it`s still a BX and it will be actually better because it will be more standard than at present for the purists out there.
Tim, just pm`d you but you can ignore part of it as I`ll now only take a few bit (non standard) bits off it.
Certain parts, as I`vre stated previously in other threads, I`ve been chasing for months now and if I have my way there`s no chance of them staying on the car. Sorry to sound harsh but as I say they will be replaced with standard items.
Vauxhall apologist.
Ian_Fearn

Post by Ian_Fearn »

So the scene has been set. Anybody interested PM me or Billy.

Alternatively the car WILL be broken in 10days.
Over and out from me
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Ian, can you e-mail me when you get 5 minutes please? Cheers.

BTW, for anyone interested I maybe able to supply a 1.9 n/a diesel engine for the car for a nominal cost which is a cracking runner. In fact potentially you could have a whole running car so everything you wanted for conversion would be present. if anyone`s fairly local to me or could bring it back when finished with I`ll even scrap the remainder of the diesel car for you so you`re not left with a shell knocking about.
Vauxhall apologist.
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

So are you having the running gear Ian?

I know where i can lay my hands on a fettled 2.1td for not a lot! But more importantly the 405 front box is about as close to a BX transfer box as that of a reliant to a hurricane fighter! THe 405 box is based on that of the 205 t16 and will take a lot of stick, probably more than a diesel can throw at it!

Problem with just doing it to any BX shell is the totally different shape and reinforcement! I couldn't afford to do anything with the shell until after the summer, and wouldn't need tyres/lights/bumpers if thats all thats coming off. Biggest problem would be safe storage!

Fancy sub letting some space billy?
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

We`ll have to see Vanny. I still haven`t even been to the unit yet though hoping to go tomorrow. I`ll need to sound everything out first inc. storage before I commit myself! Did you get the message about speaking to somebody down south? Couldn`t get `phone before sorry as at work.
Vauxhall apologist.
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

Just back from southern parts and seen this thread, that looks a bit too good to break, though what hes got the silly bonnet scoop on the petrol engine for I dont know :)
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft