Posting pictures

A place for us to show off our cars in all their glory. Please keep picture sizes to about 800x600 pixels.
Mothman

Posting pictures

Post by Mothman »

Hi all,

how do you post a piccy on the forum? Not stupid, do this on many other forums but i see the word img in a box and when i click on it i get img in my text. Shouldnt there be some sort of system that lets me upload an image? Sorry if this is a silly question but nothing i see on posting a new topic helps at all.

Andy
Aerodynamica
BXpert

Post by Aerodynamica »

Hi, isn't it just:

[img]URL%20link%20to%20web%20hosting%20site%20goes%20here[/img] ?

Works for me!
Graeme M

CX 2400 Pallas LPG
2CV6 dolly (SORNed)
Mk1 Xantia 1.9TD SX

'c'est hydropneumatique'
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Aerodynamica wrote:Hi, isn't it just:

[img]URL%20link%20to%20web%20hosting%20site%20goes%20here[/img] ?

Works for me!
Thanks for that bud but it dosnt work for me, just prints IMG where i would type and nothing else.

Andy
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

There is a guide here, if you still have problems try in this thread and we can see where the problem lies.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Hi Mat,

thanks but no help as i dont use photobucket but a system called Pixresizer which is on my pc and even using photobucket i dont think i could do it as ime not good with things on pcs unless they are simple.

Andy
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

Yes , i'm the same I'm struggling loading piccies on this forum, without meaning to complain or sound ungreatfull other forums i'm on are much simpler and allow me to upload photo's straight off my computer with out using a host like photobucket.
Unfortunately I don't understand the thread on how to upload images either.
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
Aerodynamica
BXpert

Post by Aerodynamica »

I think the reason you need to use photobucket is that uploading them direct from your computer uses up masses of space whereas if it's hosted on PB and linked to here, it appears all the same but uses none (or less) space

Think anyway?
Graeme M

CX 2400 Pallas LPG
2CV6 dolly (SORNed)
Mk1 Xantia 1.9TD SX

'c'est hydropneumatique'
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Well,
thanks for that guys. Did have a photobucket a/c but it wont allow me to upload pictures now and anyway its a very long winded way of resizing pictures when there are free programmes out there you can run on your pc which do it all in house and much more quickly too.

Looks like no one but me will be able to see any piccys of the old girl. Hope she gets her MOT later today.

Best wishes

Andy
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

this might be a signature
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Managed to acces my photobucket and upload and resize a picture.
Then copied manually the info under img and all i got was a line of the data i had keyed but no picture when i previewed the post.

As for copying and pasting directly from photobucket to the forum, well, i havnt a clue how to do this, never done it before so no idea how to do it.

I consider it far too difficult a forum on which to post pictures, all the others i belong to are much more easier to get on with.

I think i will leave it at that.

Thanks for all your help anyway.

Andy
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

#-o :roll: I must say if you find this hard, what are you doing with an old Citroen? :lol: :wink:

All you do is copy the bottom line (as shown here) into your message and bingo. If this site isn't working for you, the problem is at your end (in a nice way) as many of us get by just fine doing it this way...

We'd very much like to see pics of your newly MOT'd BX

• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Haha Phillip

Citroen BXs came well before PCs as far as ime concerned.

How to i get the info you highlighted from the photobucket a/c? I copied what was there very carefully manually and when i previewed the post, no picture but a line pf photobucket info. Checked it to see if it was accurate and its the same as on photobucket.

The old motor passed her MOT too with nothing needed to be done so i cant be all that bad at tinkering with things[lol].

Andy
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Do you see anything like Phil's screenshot on your Photobucket account?

Can you post up here exactly what you get from Photobucket so we can see where things are going wrong?

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Hi Mat,

i do see what Phil sees but i have no idea how to post that on this forum and if i am to cut and paste that line onto my post, well, i have no idea how to do that. All i did was to manually copy, very carefully, the info on that line having clicked on the Img box first. When i then previewed the post, all i got was my comments and the line if Img info and no picture.
Dont know what else to do but as i said, its not a real problem, i can live with not posting pictures, its the great help and the good forum that matters.

Andy
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Grenman wrote:
i do see what Phil sees but i have no idea how to post that on this forum and if i am to cut and paste that line onto my post, well, i have no idea how to do that.
Have a go at this, it really cannot be much simpler.............

1) Hover over the photo until the boxes Phil has shown you appear.

2) Left click on the image code box as Phil has highlighted in his screen shot.

3) Right click and select copy (Left click to select)

4) Left click in the BXC Post window and then right click for menu

5) Select paste from the menu & Bob's your uncle...............

1991 BX19GTi Auto