CAVMAD THE INCREDIBLE!! BXer of the Year?

Anything about BXs
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

CAVMAD THE INCREDIBLE!! BXer of the Year?

Post by Ian_Fearn »

Well..... definately BX'er of the week.

As of around 8pm this evening our good friend Billy was just picking up BX number 3 of his saturday BX mission.

I believe my 4x4 was BX number 1!

So i hereby nominate Billy as BX'er of the week!

Anything to add Vanny?
Over and out from me
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Truely a man on a mission. :o
They think it's all over, it is now!
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Come on admin, do the deed. :D
They think it's all over, it is now!
M

Post by M »

Tis Done. :D
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Here Here!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

:oops: Thankyou kind people, I`m truly honoured. I won`t let it go to my head but you can call me Sir if you like :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Sir Cavmad?
Toddman
BXpert

BX awards

Post by Toddman »

Congrats Cavmad :D
From what I have been hearing am I correct in thinking Vanny has a support role in these fearts of BXing?

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k - G764KEW

http://www.bx16valve.com
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

Congrats Cavmad, anyone know where Vanny is? he could still be out there.
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
Toddman
BXpert

Super Vanny

Post by Toddman »

Stewart (oily!) wrote:Congrats Cavmad, anyone know where Vanny is? he could still be out there.
Stewart
Vanny has been a very busy boy this weekend :D
He rang me last night after spending a long day spannering the engine out of a BX 16v and about half an hour ago was fixing a leak on his car as his trailer was being loaded with a short engine and many spare parts for transportation to sunny Lincs, his location is somewhere just off the M25 Bucks way.
When he arrives here he will be assessing a TD that I have and he also has a16v head to remove as well :shock:
He is certainly on a mission :!:

Cheers
Luke

cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Vanny was in Wycombe (I think) Saturday afternoon and I spoke to him later on. Fair play he was very tolerant whilst I was ranting away about BX`s, locations and the RAC :lol:
He will be doing a cylinder head job shortly (at least I hope he will!) and I shall be making some room for him at my usual fixing point round the back of where I live.
Vanny, if/when you read this can you please call me tonight between 8.30pm and 9.30pm?
I`ll have to be nice to him as may have sourced some lighting for my unit!
Vauxhall apologist.
Toddman
BXpert

Vanny

Post by Toddman »

Cavmad he is currently on the A1 and at the times you mentioned will probably be surrounded by headbolts :D but I will ask him to give you a bell

Cheers
Luke

cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Cheers Luke, if he`s busy later I`ll catch up with him tomorrow sometime though I`m working 08.00-17.00. I take it the 16V head he is removing will be heading down this way shortly?
Vauxhall apologist.
Toddman
BXpert

head

Post by Toddman »

Yes mate the head is destined for the 16v that I beleive was collected yesterday? Are you helping to save that one?

Cheers
Luke

Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

dead

Post by Vanny »

oh my god!
I am sooooo tired. Got back in at 3:30am this morning after setting off on Saturday at 7am, and havent had a whole lot of sleep! Totalled over 700miles, with only two serious problems!

Started off by driving to Mike E's to 'lift out an engine', got there to find the car ahd its bumpers off and some of the interior out but that was it, certainly not ready to have the engine lifted or even close! Battled for 8 hours on the saturday before driving to central london and staying in Bayswater, hotel knew nothing about of impending arrival and had no space either! Couple of quick calls and we ended up staying at another hotel down the road. Went and visited a mate in Acton for 10 minutes and went back the hotel for sleep!

Got back to mikes on the Sunday to finish taking the engine out, and as i got there one of the coolant pipes rubbed through and pissed water everywhere! Fortunately it went litteraly as i arrived, phew, managed to fix it back together using parts of the BX16v. spent the rest of the day taking the bloody thing out and finally departed with engine in trailer at 3pm in the direction of lincoln! Pretty slow uneventful drive and got there at about 10pm, by this stage we had two flat phones and one that had gone mad and didnt work agin until rebooting this morning (appologies to sleepy and billy, no phone to call with!). Unloaded the trailer/engine to luke and whipped the head off a 16v block for billy.

The trek back from lincoln to liverpool was long and hard, especailly at one point when we had been past about 8 closed petrol stations and had no juice left! Finally found a shell! Stopped one hell of a lot of times for 20 minute snoozes, absolutley knackering! Got back at 3:30 am and passed out, loaded trailer is still out in the street (not good in liverpool) and as we pulled up another hose let go (though looks like it wasnt on tight of the clip failed). Off out to fix that and go to the rents, no school for me i guess!