Further info on the 50quid 4x4

Anything about BXs
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Further info on the 50quid 4x4

Post by Ian_Fearn »

Well, i've been to check the 4x4 out today.

The car isnt as nice in the flesh as the pictures. I'm definately not saying its a wreck but there is some rust in most of the common areas.

Its definately not a project i'm prepared to take on.

Under the bonnet it has had some kind of superchips ignition advance device, something to do with the Kent cam thats been fitted.

The side skirts do look nice and were bought from Cittuning should anybody be interested in those. The bonnet scoop i have to say isnt the best mod i've ever seen on a BX.

Most panels have minor dents although nothing major. All the badging has been removed and replaced with VW Golf 4Motion badges.

My ideas are still that this car will be broken to save Jayboys 4x4 in the isle of man and to replace parts on mine.

Should anybody else have any thoughts please get in touch. I cant keep the car at Billys forever although i have to say he and his mate Steve who helped him pick the car up have been brilliant!

I dont think Billys mate Steve understands the BX obsession!
Over and out from me
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Thanks Ian, and you`re right of course, Steve, alas, does not understand the fun and laughter of BX ownership :x
The device under the bonnet is an FSE fuel boost (I think). Commonly found on quite a few cars of this `style` they only really work with other mods which Stu had carried out.
Ian, as regards storage hopefully Steve will be taking the car to the unit tomorrow as he`s hiring a flat bed to get it down there I believe. As far as I`m concerned it can stay there for a while yet as there`s plenty of room down there.
If you remove anything you/Jayboy want as you suggested and I`ll then take the bits I require if that`s o.k? Also I can and will replace with standard parts in case someone does want to take it on. Maybe we could e-mail or pm each other (and jayboy) and come up with a list of parts we don`t want and then advertise the rest as a complete car for a project or break for spares?
Vauxhall apologist.
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

Ian..

Having found a 405 MI16 4x4 locally to me that has been rolled, it would be very interesting to fit it's running gear (somewhat stronger than BX 4x4) into this BX 4x4 shell. I'm also contemplating an early pug 605 2.1TD engine, but thats another story.

If you find that enough from the car is wanted by others, then I shan't even consider it, but if the car is still largely complete, but needing a new home, then I'm sure something very interesting could be built from it.
this might be a signature
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

As above David, dependant on what Ian and Jayboy require, I`d have thought it was worth saving. Sure, it`s never going to be in the same league as Ian`s wonderful 4x4 but worth doing i.m.h.o.
Vauxhall apologist.
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

There is that power boost thingy but there is also a silver box behind the passenger side headlight.

Its for ignition timing advance. Never seen one before but its a super chips device.

David, with regard to the car, if you want to put a Turbo diesel in it then you wont want the bits me and Jayboy want.

Basically we want the exhaust and fuel injection parts. I'm willing to let the transmission go if its something you would need.

I'd like the car to be built into something roadworthy again.

PM me your thoughts. We can come to an arrangement i'm sure.
Over and out from me
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

So I take it the side skirts aren't up for grabs then? (I've got a Cituning SS exhaust to put on one of my BXs and thought the skirts might add to the visual appeal!)
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v