BX N/A diesel

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

BX N/A diesel

Post by Ian_Fearn »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 41511&rd=1

Just seen this lovely TXD on ebay. What do people think to the N/A diesels?

Its only up the road from me too :idea:
Over and out from me
Mr B
Northern Moderator
Northern Moderator

Post by Mr B »

Tidy looking beastie 8)

I like mine a lot and it's my second. They ain't as slow as some people think and I prefer the space under the bonnet compared to a turbo. Very underated :wink:
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

they dont go fast, and they can take some time to get there, but once you've got some speed behind them, there aint no stopping them! I loved mne, not much fun not much good for towing, but comfortable, easy to drive and like i said they just keep going and going and going!
Ian_Fearn

Post by Ian_Fearn »

MPG???
Over and out from me
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

erm, to be honest, pretty much the same as a TD! If anything you can get better economy from the 1.9TD by simply not raggin it everywhere and sitting at 55mph i managed a whopping 71.6 mpg out of the 1.9td while it was in the 19rd shell, best i could coax out of the 1.9 n/a was around the early 60's both times the journey was around the 300 mile mark
M

Post by M »

Mr B wrote:I prefer the space under the bonnet compared to a turbo. Very underated :wink:
One day Mr. B this quote is going to come back to haunt you (shovel :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: )
Mr B
Northern Moderator
Northern Moderator

Post by Mr B »

Smug Git wrote:
Mr B wrote:I prefer the space under the bonnet compared to a turbo. Very underated :wink:
One day Mr. B this quote is going to come back to haunt you (shovel :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: )
As these things have a habit of doing............. :roll:
tom
Citroen Sorceror
My Cars: 2003- Passe-Partout 1.9 TGD estate
2005 Grolliffe Tizzydee turbo estate and sundry other BXs and Grace, a CX TRD.
2008 to 2023 - all sorts of stuff, some interesting
2024. TxD 1.9D estate. 'Wheelybin'

Post by tom »

No getaway car but quieter and less frantic than a turbo. An easy way to get 50+ MPG. Good over long distances. Decent top speed.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Yep I'll admit it doesn't give the 16v nightmares performance wise. Its got literally just about enough poke IMO.

Religously does 45mpg whether it be towing or carrying a couple of engines, never gets hot or lets me down.

Wouldn't say its as refined as a TD, bit noiser and harsher sounding IMO. But by no means unbearable. Its almost boring to own as it just keeps going with no fuss. I had to sell a Honda once for the same reason. :lol:
tom
Citroen Sorceror
My Cars: 2003- Passe-Partout 1.9 TGD estate
2005 Grolliffe Tizzydee turbo estate and sundry other BXs and Grace, a CX TRD.
2008 to 2023 - all sorts of stuff, some interesting
2024. TxD 1.9D estate. 'Wheelybin'

Post by tom »

That has to be a rough 'un Richard. I've never known one dip below 50 MPG and I have always found the 1905 to be the sweeter of the two engines - or were you using it as a starter motor for the 16V :wink:
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

tom wrote:That has to be a rough 'un Richard. I've never known one dip below 50 MPG and I have always found the 1905 to be the sweeter of the two engines - or were you using it as a starter motor for the 16V :wink:
Perhaps the TD in question was a rough'un :wink:

I actually meant to put 45+mpg but you beat me to it before I could edit!
I've only really ever properly worked out the economy once. Managed to squeeze about £41 in after driving on the light for a day or two. Obviously the N/A has a smaller tank than the TD, otherwise I'd have got a bigger bill.

I drove around for a just over a week to work and back. Then to AndyC's in Redditch. Picked a gearbox, an engine, a cyl head and various spares up from his garden and returned home with them. Drove around for another day or two before it wanted more fuel. The clock read 484miles since the last fill up. I took it back to exactly the same pump and managed to fit £40 in it again. I worked this out to be about 47mpg, but I'm not one with numbers. And this takes into account how I drive the thing, which is as if I stole it! Journey times in the estate are quicker than the 16v :lol:

Don't think its a rough one myself. I've had rough cars before (xantia!). This sounds noisy when cold, and quite noisy when warm But its always smooth, and only seemed slightly less refined compared with a friends TZD Turbo hatch. Mind you that had done 80k miles rather than 190k!

Rich
Ian_Fearn

Post by Ian_Fearn »

I'm getting desperate for a diesel now, my 100quid a week GTi fuel bill HURTS!!!

Time to start seriously looking. Does anybody know of a really nice N/A diesel for sale?
Over and out from me
Mr B
Northern Moderator
Northern Moderator

Post by Mr B »

Well the one that kicked off the thread looks a nice one but it's a bit pricey.
Ian_Fearn

Post by Ian_Fearn »

I agree, its pricey, but i'm prepared to pay for something nice 8)
Over and out from me
M

Post by M »

Man with a need for his own refinery wrote:I'm getting desperate for a diesel now, my 100quid a week GTi fuel bill HURTS!!!
I have had £15 of diesel in my TZD for 3 months now - and its still not empty yet. :twisted: