BX Swap Shop - Deal Done

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Tim2cv
BXpert

Post by Tim2cv »

but Ian, your not ready yet! have you turned to drink? Spent many many hours reading a Haynes? Done numerous trips from home to srap yard and back!

what you bought then? Aidens GS? maybe a DS (now that would cripple you in every way thinkable,! Mentally, physically and financially!)?

TIM
2CV6 1986 Dolly

MEHARI 1976

DYANE 6 1981 - GF'S CAR!

www.bx16valve.co.uk/forum

www.myspace.com/tim2cv
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Have bought nothing. I've just run out of money! And time. The BX has loads of little things that need attention and I just haven't been able to do any of them or even find time for Stinkwheel to do them! :)

I've decided I don't need two eccentric cars. The 2CV is enough. Just need something bland and dependable as Car number two. And maybe cheap to run although I've got my eye on stuff with V6 engines - TWO cylinder heads to go wrong and monster cambelts and fuel bills! Perhaps not. :?

Ian
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Yan, I`m fighting all temptation to get my TZD presentable enough for you to want to it and trying to come to a deal with you :shock:
BTW, there`s an extremely tidy looking Vectra for sale where I work (don`t know who owns it) for about £950 on an `R` plate.
Vauxhall apologist.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

You know Vectra is an anagram of Car Vet.

Sorry, don't know why I said that. :shock: :)
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Anagram envy because there aren't many options with BX perhaps?

Ian
Tim2cv
BXpert

Post by Tim2cv »

noooo, not a vectra! Thats my last resort car! When the BX had a funny turn and the weather was bad I ended up going to the isel of man in my dads! (new one just ordered - another vectra!) didnt realise it had no tax until I got home and it had an mot!
Suppose one thing about the new one is fingers crossed it will have a towbar and since it weighs about 18tons should tow anything if slowely!

TIM
2CV6 1986 Dolly

MEHARI 1976

DYANE 6 1981 - GF'S CAR!

www.bx16valve.co.uk/forum

www.myspace.com/tim2cv
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Cavmad - you can't get rid of the Tizzy D already!

Although it does sound tempting...

Ian
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

yangreen wrote:Cavmad - you can't get rid of the Tizzy D already!

Although it does sound tempting...

Ian
I know, but a 16V, mmmmmmmmmmm! Trouble is, realistically speaking, the running costs may be out of my meagre budget. I can justify the Tizzy D as it`s performance is as good as it`s economy!
Vauxhall apologist.
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

Besides fuel - would a 16 valve really cost much more than a TZD turbo? Overall they seem to be remarkably tough and we don't seem to get any particular problems with the engines or anything else coming up on these boards.

tax is the same - insurance may be a problem - then its fuel consumption - which of course is going to be a 3rd or more greater - but what that will really cost depends of course on how far you go in it.

Mind you I love diesels as I can drive miles and it seems to cost virtually nothing. I suppose overall my DTR Turbo uses 1/3 to 1/2 less than my Renault 21 (1.7) did - but things are a bit nearer on long runs.

jeremy
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Insurance is no problem, have a trader`s policy and I`d agree that (hopefully) normal maintenance and repairs shouldn`t be much more than for a diesel or `ordinary` BX it`s just the fuel costs as I know I couldn`t go slowly in it :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Would it run on veggie :lol:
They think it's all over, it is now!
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

Lovely smoke! - have to drive it flat out to keep the plugs clean - and the smoke should fool speed cameras aimed at the tail!

jeremy
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

The 16 valve isn't that bad on fuel - I've managed 38 on a long run and over 40 has been achieved by strange folk who can resist the urge.

32mpg is my average, even with lots of 80mph driving. Ok, so it's not diesel territory but it really isn't bad for something with 160bhp!

Ian
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

Sounds like about £180 more for the 16 valve over 5000 miles! Not much for the sheer enjoyment is it?

Must get mine on the road!

jeremy
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Forgot to mention that it also has a stainless exhaust with a big tailpipe. Makes a fantastic noise from about 5000rpm upwards! It's worth opening the sunroof just to hear it!

Ian