Impromptu meeting

Anything about BXs
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Impromptu meeting

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Hi all,

I am meeting Ian Fearn and Tim Leech tomorrow near J19 of the MI at a place called Swinford. The meeting will be at lunchtime at a pub called The Chequers (LE17 6BL).

I'm sure Ian or Tim won't mind if I make this an open invitation to any club members who might be in the area (County?!) who fancy a trip out in their BX!

Sorry about the short notice but hey, spontaneity is a wonderful thing!

Phil
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

See you there Guys! Should be in a bx! Fingers crossed!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Enjoy your meeting gents, love to be there but pressing matters with my BX collection means I can`t.
I`m gradually meeting up with various members as I go along though and have already met up with Vanny, Ken, Ian Fearn, Stewart, Marty and a couple of others. I really will make an effort to try and get to a regional or national meeting this year or perhaps a car show somewhere?
Did we ever get anywhere with having a BX stand at a show, I seem to recall it was part of the discussion over membership fees?
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Bugger its cold! fortunatly Ken fixed my heater valve so I wont freeze on the way there! I was going to wash it before, hand I think not!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Well, we met in the bitter cold and I must say what a couple of decent chaps Ian Fearn and Tim Leech are. Thanks, Ian for the wheels. Money well spent I think - I just have to fit them on my black BX now!

Impressed by the 4x4 and, it has to be said, by Tim's bargain BX!

Hopefully the Club can get some bigger meets planned for this year...

My BX didn't miss a beat and I am just popping down the pumps to see what the fuel consumption was for 228 miles at an average of 69mph...

Some pics:

Apologies to the site controllers if the images are too big! Sorry :roll:

Plus Ian one for your delectation - we did say we both fancied a BX Sport!

Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

Today was good fun, great to meet you Phil.

Tim, Martin is doing my dents on Tuesday. His workshop is within walking distance from where i work so i'm dropping it off at dinner and strolling back to work.

Thanks for the info. For the whole car he wants 50quid. Bloody cheap in my opinion, 2 years ago i was charged 50+vat for one dent on my fiesta.

Hopefully he'll be able to recommend a paintshop to do my roof.
Over and out from me
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Hey guys was good to meet up, besides the bleeding cold! my ebay special £147 worth got me there and back albeit at a steady pace but never missed a beat! and the fuel gauge never moved!

My cars filthy (see pictures) so will give it a valet asap, if u need
a good bodyshop guys I know a couple. :D The chaps who painted my SD1 are first rate! if not the cheapest.

Ian, my mare of a day turned all good in the end and im a happy chappy! Polo was delivered and ther other half started being human again! Still need a car for Joe tho so if u know of one shout me!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Got the wheels on! Thought you'd appreciate seeing the results... Again, Ian, thanks.

NOTE to Marty: Sorry if you have to resize any of my submissions. Can you PM me with image specs if you get a mo.?
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

Phil The Graphite wheels look great on there, the BX does look good in black doesnt it, mind you the white ones dont show the snow :)
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

They looked brilliant on my black 4x4 but i'm a bit of a stickler for originality so they had to go.

Looks fantastic though Phil 8)
Over and out from me