Small Car Needed!

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
tim leech

Small Car Needed!

Post by tim leech »

Guys Im after a small little runabout for my mate, hes only 18 first car kinda thing upto about £200! Polo, Ax, 106, Fiesta but not a corsa as he dont like them! I know its not alot of money but hes only a student and I will be helping him run it!

Has to have some mot and get him around until Sept when hes off to uni so wont need wheels them, Ive offered him my 19TZS auto but its a bit too big as hes 5ft 5!

Any suggestions would be grateful please!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Can posibly help you there Tim. I`ve heard of (but not yet seen) a Micra with long MOT locally should be just in your price range. I`ll make some enquiries and get back to you, let me know if it sounds any use.
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Thanks Cavmad!
Cornishbx16v
BXpert

Post by Cornishbx16v »

typical thing to say, but may be worth making sure he can insure it! it may only be a tiny cheapo car but they insurance companies often still want £8-900+ for them!
a couple of years ago i sold mother inlwas ax to a young lad who had just passeds his test, 18 yr old, was a 1.1 ax, cheapest quote i could find for him was £1100 tpft!
Timmo.

After all I AM CORNISH!!!!

www.bx16v.com
www.bx16v.co.uk/forum
www.bx16valve.co.uk
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Insurance wont be too much of a problem but just need a car for him!
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

If he wants a small car,how about chopping a BX at the B+C pillars throw away the middle bit and welding it back together.Sorry,ignore me,sometimes I get a bit silly and this before I've had a few cans of sleeping medicine :D :D
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Dear Drooper............................
Mike E (uk)
1K Away

BX coupe'

Post by Mike E (uk) »

Hi,

Just did a quick photoshop of a shortened BX, it looks quite cool, even if the front and rear overhangs look a bit excessive.

This is not such a hard project, as it is a cut & shut on a fwd car.

If you are good at welding, there are plenty of cheap cars to try it out on.

Mike
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Lol he wote his clio off so nothing to large please!
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

Insurance for an 18 year old, who has already written a car off is going to be horrendous. I have a feeling that the £200 for the car will be utterly insignificant compared to the Grand-and-a-half for insurance!
this might be a signature
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

A shortened BX - I don't know if yours resembled this Mike! I did this a while ago when we were discussing a BX cabrio! (Also attached)

:D

Edit - Resized by Marty.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

He didnt claim on the insurnace matey so its not valid.
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

On second thoughts,foget the 2 door BX,But I do like your cabriolet :D
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Dear Drooper............................
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

tim leech wrote:He didnt claim on the insurnace matey so its not valid.
Actually, I'm afraid it is. If you crash a car, be it your own fault or that of anyone else, you MUST tell your insurance company, as it is a material fact relating to your risk on the road.

If it's not mentioned, and somehow the insurance company get to hear about it, they will (quite reasonably) wash their hands of all responsibility.

Imagine the situation.... the £200 car looses a wheel, which causes a fairly serious crash, maybe with a fatality or two... big insurance claim, so the insurance co. do a bit of probing to see if they can get out of the claim (which all insurance companies do)
The insurance co. find out that mr. 18 year old has already crashed a car, and not told them, so they refuse to pay out, and mr. 18 year old is left with a massive claim against him.

Ok... fairly unlikely to happen, but still a possibility, and it's not unheard of. I've heard of insurance companies refusing a claim because 2 years ago a person's car radio was stolen. The person didn't tell their insurance co. about it because the radio was worth £10. Because the insurance company wern't told, future claims are voided. Is it worth the risk?
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

The accident itself was only very minor, ie bent wing bumper and bonnet, the car was eaily repairable but due to age and miles was deemed not worth it, the insurnace company was not involved.
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Nevetheless, when asked by any insurance company "have you had any accidents, claims or convictions in the last 5 years" the answer is YES, One accident, but no claim was made. If you (he) say(s) no, then that insurance is on VERY shakey ground.