citroen bx 19 on autotrader

Tell us about BXs you have spotted on the road, or BXs/parts spotted for sale including eBay finds.
rupertpon

BX 1.9 TZS Auto at Pontillion Vehicle Sales

Post by rupertpon »

Hi all,

Lots of questions and comments and thanks to all who have taken the time to look at the car.

Matt my prices end with 87 because it is different. Most people end in 50 or 95 and if you have a popular model such as a Focus you can get lost in the crowd but people remember an odd number !!

The car has yet to go on the ramp so I still do not know the source of the LHM leak or the general condition underneath yet but will post as soon as I know.

I will post a link to the warranty details. It is the 3* policy provided by VGS Warranties so the car does not have to come back here. The policy covers most major bits but in honesty probably not the hydraulics on teh suspension - I am restricted by the age of the car !!

The car has been serviced annually until 40k in 2006. From there I have no more but it will have an oil and filter service before she leaves here.

Finally please remember these are pre prep images and I promise to move the mats !!

Regards

Rupert
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

Just a pitty it's a gasoline machine instead of the old oil burner.
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
ragger
BXpert

Post by ragger »

Has anyone been to look at this?
It appears to be a very nice car but it seems to me to be an unusual spec at a very high price. If I was closer, I might be interested enough to take a look and make an offer but there are a couple of hundred miles between us.

Rob
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

ragger wrote: but there are a couple of hundred miles between us.

Rob
And a couple of hundred quid too I think.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
ragger
BXpert

Post by ragger »

Roverman wrote
And a couple of hundred quid too I think.
Very true. Has anyone owned or driven this version? How do they compare to the 8v GTI? I'm quite a fan of autos but have no experience of a Citroen slush box.

Rob
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Tim and I have both driven 19 autos and they are brilliant if you like autos. Very easy to drive with predictable change up/down and precise kickdown point. The GTi 8v auto is even better IMO with a little more kickdown ooomph and sportier feel. But the BX's ZF box is a gem.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Ive owned a 19TZS auto and have the Injected version now. I think the autobox suits the BX nature well as the ZF box is a great piece of kit and very reliable if maintained properly although Im told the diesel autos can play up, something to do with the vibration of the engine shaking the box about??.

The only downside is fuel econony as with any petrol auto, if that is paramount then buy a diesel with a manual box. What you will get is a quiet, refined and very smooth drive and cosetting ride with a nice turn of speed.

Of my 4 BX the one I drive the most is the TZi as such a nice place to be.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....