Car and Classic - TXD Turbo

Tell us about BXs you have spotted on the road, or BXs/parts spotted for sale including eBay finds.
richardd1652
1K Away

Post by richardd1652 »

Vendor emailed me back this evening and wants £1995.You can get a yard full of sensible mileage cars for that,or even a cheap Ds.Dont get me wrong it looks lovely but hey,its only a TXD, i couldnt justify that kind of brass on a leathered up 16valver with the plastic wrapper still on the back seat ! Good luck to him but he,s been sniffing something iffy in my opinion.
Richard.
1985 MK1 BX Digit
1986 MK1 BX Leader
1988 19RD
1983 Tin Snail
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

That is frankly forlornly stupid asking price. I bet he got it for less than £500.

If it makes a thousand then I'd be surprised; but then if it did , well one can only say 'you was lucky!'.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Lester
BXpert

Post by Lester »

:rofl: This BX must be a good 'un to have £1995 on it!!! :shock: :shock: Apart for a 4TC, it must the dearest BX.

He musn't want to sell it...because he won't at that price!
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

If I had the cash I'd consider £1500 but only if the car was immaculate. Like Richard says, I'd be scared to park it next to any other cars. I've taken to seeking out really nice cars to park next to hoping that they might not want to damage their doors.. Passengers are the worst - they don't care either way.

It it was a turbo I might consider £2000 but only with that mileage, though Matthew is right about well maintained higher mileage cars often being more reliable. I reckon the mileage could double on this one before big repairs are needed.

Is it sold yet?
rayfenwick
1K Away

Post by rayfenwick »

There you go Richard, and everyone else:

If SWMBO insists you sell a car or 2, show her that ad and then price yours the same. Of course they won't sell, but SWMBO can't say you're not doing your best :)

If they do sell - you'll have money to buy half a dozen more :rofl:
Ray

The Fleet (most recent first):
2000 Citroën XM 3.0 24V V6 Exclusive Auto (pre-MOT)
1997 Citroën XM 2.0 TCT Exclusive Auto (for sale)
1979 Citroën CX 2.4 EI Cmatic Prestige (slowly being restored)

1992 Alfa Romeo 164 Lusso 3.0 v6 12v Manual (on the to-do list)

www.citroencarclub.co.uk
Lester
BXpert

Post by Lester »

Is that the original battery! :shock: Surely you shouldn't be running the original at that age! :o
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Mr Frugg wouldnt take my bet that it would be for sale within a month, shame!
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

It may be expensive but as he says this is quite probably a unique BX, I doubt there is another Diesel BX out there with such low mileage and I seriously think he may well get the asking price. I also don't doubt the new owner will be very pleased with his purchase and rightly so. There are many buyers who are very willing to pay a good premium for a very straight original car that doesn't need any work or money which will deffinately appreciate more than a cheaper higher mileage car that gets thousands spent on it and still won't be as good. If it had been a TGD with the grey tweed interior (my personal favourite BX) I think I may have been picking up the phone. I also think BX's are seriously under valued cars, they are very much on the first rung of the classic car ladder, 2K in the classic car market rarely gets you a mint unmolested original 1 owner reliable motor in fact quite the opposite.
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Good luck to him on the sale, I doubt you could buy a better car for £2k, even so it would be a shame for someone to buy it as a cheap runabout.
Lester
BXpert

Post by Lester »

At that price I wouldn't expect it to be a cheap runabout TBH.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Funny really but after my initial shock at the price, when you consider it, what else could you get for that that wasn't going to give probably more grief than the BX. Having said that, I am sure it's too pricey for anyone who might want a BX.

If it sells for that I won't be disappointed though. I think it'd be good for all of us BX owners. (Mind you my GTi's mileage might put some off :lol: )...
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Lester wrote:At that price I wouldn't expect it to be a cheap runabout TBH.
£2000 doesnt buy you much these days!
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

It sold apparently, for the asking price...
I wonder, in the long list of cars that have come and gone from Cambridgeshire of late, how much the car cost the Ruggs?
I'll wager, ooh, about £500 or so?

Ok, car dealers need to make a profit and all, but FFS £2K for a non turbo BX?
You can get a fucking good 16valve for 1500 sheets of the queens picture.

Low mileage? Yeah... and?
Good condition it might be, but all the usual stuff will still fail sooner or later...
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

It was more than £500, I think after the prep work it was over a big G, its gone to the emerald isle apparently. Lots of money but probably the lowest mileage one left?
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

ahhh, that explains it then, for Ireland thats a bloody cheap car! It would never have sold for that over here!

Low miles aint everything.. I know several very high mileage cars with recon / rebuilt engines / mechanical bits that have had all the niggles sorted, and many improvements over the original unit made that sell for a fuck sight less than that..

I wouldn't dream of asking £2K for any BX, not even my valver, and thats cost me, erm, a good deal more than the TXD by an epic amount...
Ok, it's not the prettiest, but mechanically it's mint, or will be when I out a new rack in it....

I dunno, I'd just feel like I'd raped someone to accept that sort of money for a BX..
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...