Small Car Needed!

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

OK Dave thanks for your advice. Just need a car now, showed him the TGS and it didnt really float his boat :( , even after I mentioned such wonders like power steering and electric windows there was no flash of enthusiasm! :shock:
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Was he facing the right way?! Surely he is confused! :)
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

I smashed an Impreza up once - my own fault although the thing thoroughly deserved to be smashed into a tree. Horrible.

Didn't claim and never told my insurance company. In fact, didn't even think about mentioning it until you started talking about it on here!

Over 5 years now anyway.

Ian
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Woops!

I wrote a marina off many years ago on black ice and never told the insurance. I scrapped it and bought a mini. Noone ever knew as the scrap yeard picked it up for me and squished it!
sdcoomber

To tell or not to tell ....

Post by sdcoomber »

Technically insurers should be told. Insurers tend to "believe" their customers so if you tell your insurer you were involved in a "no fault" "no claim" accident, the other party did not stop to give details for example, it would be very rare for the premium to be increased.

Even if you hit a stationary object, it might very well be the case you swerved to avoid a motorcycle on the wrong side of the road who carried on.

This way you are telling the insurance company but protecting your position.

It is true insurers try to wriggle if they can. They might even be reading this !!!
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Re: To tell or not to tell ....

Post by DavidRutherford »

sdcoomber wrote:This way you are telling the insurance company but protecting your position.
This is my point. Tell them, and you have no worries, and they should not increase a premium because of it. Don't tell them, and it's giving them a way to wriggle out of a claim.
this might be a signature
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Result, can get him insured admittidly as a named driver for a 1.0 Polo for £350 fully comp! They want £1000 on his own :shock:
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Just hope we win the car on ebay. You know what its like being young and wanting a car, you get so excited, hand on im 31 and I do that over £25 worth of battered BX! :shock:
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

Talking about 25quids worth of battered BX, where is it?
Over and out from me
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

tim leech wrote:Woops!

I wrote a marina off many years ago on black ice
Just for that feat alone I nominate you BX`er of the week. 24 years on the pain and suffering from owning 3 of those heaps hasn`t diminished :?
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Aww thanks Cavmad, we got outbid on the sodding polo! Grr
thats bx is in poole ian so lets not worry hehe.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Something will turn up Tim, keep looking. Best bet I`ve found recently is checking the newly listed cars within, say, a 25 mile radius of your house. You`d be surpised how many offer a very cheap buy it now price!
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Hopefully picking it up Sunday Ian if I can get there, sellers not being very helpful as I have to fit round him so he says as hes a doctor! If he messes me about much more I will tell him to stuff it! Shame as I want the car. Mots out the 8th so have to get before then!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

What car have you found Tim, not another cheap BX surely!
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

me £25 worth of 19tZS auto mate