TZD in Suffolk. eBay item number: 4609345866

Tell us about BXs you have spotted on the road, or BXs/parts spotted for sale including eBay finds.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

TZD in Suffolk. eBay item number: 4609345866

Post by cavmad »

Vauxhall apologist.
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

I guess it can't be that bad though... It's up on it's suspension. I wonder if it's just a case of needing a few spheres.

and yes, I've seen longer descriptions than this on a packet of tesco value baked beans!
this might be a signature
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

Cant see any LHM dribbles either.

I'm sure we must have had the debate but i wonder how many BX's have been scrapped because of hard spheres?
Over and out from me
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

Quite a few I should imagine.

And not just Citroens either. My landlord was at his wits end with his Mercedes estate, as the rear suspension had gone "bouncy" (actually, it had gone rock hard, and it was the people inside the car going rather bouncy)

Some detailed investigation revealed that it uses spheres for it's self-leveling rear end (VERY badly described in the HBOL) and that they were full of oil and solid.

£75 EACH! for two replacements, and several hours of cursing and swearing (they are IMPOSSIBLE to get to, and don't unscrew like citroen ones) and the car has it's citroenesque ride back.
this might be a signature
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

As you know Rolls Royce used Citroen self levelling on the back of the Shadow (as well as the brakes all powered by what i believe was a GS pump) and apparently when it fails the standard practice is simply to abandon the self-levelling bit.

jeremy
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

My first experience of spheres was back in the 80s and my local now defunct stealer wanted £80 each for spheres! how many cars did that kill off I wonder?
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft