GTi Alloys for sale plus a possible FREE tow bar...

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

GTi Alloys for sale plus a possible FREE tow bar...

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I have a set of four silver GTi alloy wheels with four decent tyres plus bolts (!). They are 15 years old so do show signs of wear but have no serious scrapes or gouges. I've only had them on a short while but have changed to 16v alloys, so they are surplus to requirements. The tyres all have plenty of life left in them: 2 x Continentals and 2 x Dunlops.

I will post pics if I get a chance.

Here's a pic of them on the car:

I want £45 for the lot, especially as the bolts cost me extra. If you are interested let me know via PM. I am in Chelmsford, Essex.

I will also be selling my Witter twin electrics tow bar - for I don't know - a tenner? But it's still on the car, and if you can come and take it off you can have it for free! (I'll start soaking the bolts now!)
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Stinkwheel
1K Away

Post by Stinkwheel »

Bum, i could do with a towbar, but like, now today. Well in time for friday morning anyway :-)
Doctor Of Gonzo Journalism!!!
93 BX TZD Estate
90 BX 14TE St Tropez
93 BX 19 TXD Estate
92 BX 16TXi
77 Ami 8 Break
79 Acadiane
81 Dyane6
84 2CV6
85 GSA saloon rally car
To slightly mis-quote Kitch ... "BX 14. They're just brilliant!"
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

TOW BAR: In squirting some oil onto the securing bolts, I note this type is attached by four bolts to the towing eyes under the rear boot floor. I would have expected these areas to have been reinforced but they're not (as far as I can tell) so I feel I should point this out to prospective users and to take some advice about advisability of towing with the bar secured in that way. alternatively seek advice as to the best way of reinforcing said area. (Or am I just being over-cautious?)

In fact, if it was just the bolts I'd probably take it off asap today, but I haven't got time to disconnect the electrics and make good. Like I said, if someone wants to come and do it they can take it away!

PM for phone number if interested...
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

I would expect the trailer electrics - ie lights etc for the black socket, to be taken from the near side (Left - yes I was asked that the other day) tail light and if you're lucky it will just unplug and the original plugs go back. Don't know what is in the other socket - I'll mean tracing the wire back - but after all if you just cut the wires off and thoroughly tape the ends of the wires individually and put them somewhere where they are not going to chafe they are not going to cause any problems.

jeremy
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

These wheels: make me an offer then!

I will put them up on eBay tomorrow though.

Phil
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

I'd certainly buy the wheels off you Phil, but I dont know how I could get them, not planning any long journeys at the mo.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Well, we'll have to see if there is anyone from down this way aiming to go up you way. I would happily take a small deposit and hold onto them almost indefinately but I'm afraid, Ken I don't have the space to keep them... :(
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

ken newbold wrote:I'd certainly buy the wheels off you Phil, but I dont know how I could get them, not planning any long journeys at the mo.
I do Ken, or at least I may. A mate is heading down south on Saturday to collect a 4x4 on a trailer. I think he said Kent but will need to find out. Perhaps when I find out for sure I can pm you Philip and see if we can meet up somewhere?
Ken, I`ll keep you posted.
Vauxhall apologist.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

That'd be good. Thanks