GTI on Car and Classic

Tell us about BXs you have spotted on the road, or BXs/parts spotted for sale including eBay finds.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

GTI on Car and Classic

Post by Tim Leech »

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C181931/

getting rare now at that age.
Last edited by Tim Leech on Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
messerschmitt owner
BXpert

Post by messerschmitt owner »

I’ve also noticed that on much longer runs it blows a little bit of coolant out of the pressure cap and it displays oil/water mixing in the radiator also, it doesn’t show any signs of overheating in any way and recently sat in traffic for an hour and the temperature gauge never moved above the middle. I suspect the oil cooler (which is situated down by the oil filter and are usually available still from the Citroen main dealer for around £25/£30).
I suspect the head gasket myself ...
Citroen XM 2.1TD SX hatchback
Citroen XM 2.1TD VSX estate
Smart Roadster
Fiat Punto Cabriolet
Messerschmitt Kr200
Bond minicar mk C
Fiat 126 Bis
BX-less at the moment!
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

messerschmitt owner wrote:
I’ve also noticed that on much longer runs it blows a little bit of coolant out of the pressure cap and it displays oil/water mixing in the radiator also, it doesn’t show any signs of overheating in any way and recently sat in traffic for an hour and the temperature gauge never moved above the middle. I suspect the oil cooler (which is situated down by the oil filter and are usually available still from the Citroën main dealer for around £25/£30).
I suspect the head gasket myself ...
Hmm sounds like it, still needs saving before it gets too far hone, a RLO clone Phil?
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

A lot of work to get right, probably. It was the engine that was spot on with RLO, it seems this'd need skill and effort to get near it, whilst fighting the fact it's got other work to do. An early GTi in white, though... a worthy project. Just not for me.

RLO cost me £210 to buy. This seems a little pricey (although rarity is a factor more than it used to be).
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
richardd1652
1K Away

Post by richardd1652 »

Too strong for me.Sounds like its got a fair few issues and perhaps why he,s getting rid so quick.Like the proper wheel trims instead of usual alloys.It deserves a good home if the price could be more realistic.He,s a dealer isnt he?
Richard.
1985 MK1 BX Digit
1986 MK1 BX Leader
1988 19RD
1983 Tin Snail