4x4 Estate needing a home

Tell us about BXs you have spotted on the road, or BXs/parts spotted for sale including eBay finds.
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

Here are some pics I took (If I've got it worked out properly)

Externally, it needs a good scrub. Andy says he has the missing trim & probably the indicator repeater from the drivers front wing. Internally the glove box has been dismantled to sort out some wiring issues which have apparently been corrected, and there is some damage to the top of the rear seats - probably from where it has been folded down and caught on the bases. It also has rear headrests.

I asked about work for the MOT and they did put it through an MOT a while back, but it's not been used since and it's now expired, so it shouldn't need much more than the glove box reassembling and normal recommissioning work.
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

look sthe drivers door has swung back a bit far and creased the wing, with that in mind worth check the check strap and hinges for rust and rot. Its got that lovely interior though and doesnt look beyond saving.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
richardd1652
1K Away

Post by richardd1652 »

Defo worth saving and would look so much better with a wash and wheel trims.
Dont know if a dare have a 4x4 though with all there woes?
Richard.
1985 MK1 BX Digit
1986 MK1 BX Leader
1988 19RD
1983 Tin Snail
electrokid
1K Away

Post by electrokid »

look sthe drivers door has swung back a bit far and creased the wing,
It does look like that - but I'm not sure - the door seems to be in perfect line with the bodyshell. Looks fixable though - either a new wing or a sunny afternoon with a couple of beers, a hammer and a bag of sand :-)

I'm a tad more concerned by the NS end of the front bumper being a bit low - might just be the plastic bumper mount broken / come adrift but it might also mean there's no square hole left for it to mount to - still probably do-able though.

Mike - thanks for the pics - I'm definitely interested if the mileage is reasonable and the engine sounds ok as if it has no major problems and if nothing major comes to light in the meantime - and of course if Ray or Doc / Smiffy don't have first dibs on it. PM sent (in a couple of minutes anyway).
1992 BX19 TGD estate 228K Rusty - SORNed
2002 C5 HDi SX estate
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

I'm glad you reminded me - mileage is shown at 128k!
Mike Sims
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

citsncycles wrote:I'm glad you reminded me - mileage is shown at 128k!
Hmm just run in, baldbazzas 19GT (same engine) is on 190k and running fine and Phi'ls GTi is nearly intergalactic!
electrokid
1K Away

Post by electrokid »

Yep - 128K is a very reasonable starting point for long term ownership. As long as oil changes have been done ok it should be sweet.
2002 C5 HDi SX estate
electrokid
1K Away

Post by electrokid »

It's mine ! \:D/ \:D/

Many thanks to Mike (citsncycles) for the heads-up in the first place and for taking and posting pics, and to Chris (docchevron) for spending a couple of hours looking over it and taking a bunch more pics for me and sending me a very comprehensive report =D> =D>

It's not actually home yet - I really don't have the room but couldn't pass up the chance of a 4x4 - I have a parking space with a guy at a local workshop for a very nominal sum on the grounds that some of the fettling (of which there is quite a bit to do) will come his way.

I'll start an idiary for it when I get a mo.

Thanks again guys - perfect :-)
2002 C5 HDi SX estate
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Winner!
If you're going to buy a BX estate that's the one to get for rarity alone. Let us know how you get on please, plenty of pictures and what not.
Vauxhall apologist.
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

Many thanks to Mike (citsncycles) for the heads-up in the first place
No worries - I'm glad you bought it as I had visions of no-one grabbing it then it ending up in the back of my barn rather than it being scrapped, and with the collection I've already got I need another car like the Pope needs a condom :lol:

Andy's making noises about having to get rid of some other motors so if any more of interest to y'all comes up, I'll let you know.
Mike Sims
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Good on you Brian, glad its gone to a loving home!
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

citsncycles wrote: I'm glad you bought it as I had visions of no-one grabbing it
as am I, otherwise it may well have ended up at the farm, along with far too many other BX's..

I do like Andy's red P2 valver though, I like that lots.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
electrokid
1K Away

Post by electrokid »

Winner!
If you're going to buy a BX estate that's the one to get for rarity alone. Let us know how you get on please, plenty of pictures and what not.
Oh yes - there will be pics etc :-) It wasn't particularly the rarity factor more the engineering idea of getting something that will do the job very well - and I'm sure this will - especially my fetish for going out for a drive in 12" of snow to take pics :-)
Andy's making noises about having to get rid of some other motors so if any more of interest to y'all comes up,
He mentioned a TGD estate that might be along soon...
Good on you Brian, glad its gone to a loving home!
Cheers - I'll do my best with it Tim :-) I don't think it will be ready for this Winter's snow. Springtime is the right time of year to find a car that needs work - not Autumn when the weather is closing in - but I couldn't walk past this one :-)
2002 C5 HDi SX estate
rayfenwick
1K Away

Post by rayfenwick »

Congrats Brian. I look forward to seeing your write-up :)
Ray

The Fleet (most recent first):
2000 Citroën XM 3.0 24V V6 Exclusive Auto (pre-MOT)
1997 Citroën XM 2.0 TCT Exclusive Auto (for sale)
1979 Citroën CX 2.4 EI Cmatic Prestige (slowly being restored)

1992 Alfa Romeo 164 Lusso 3.0 v6 12v Manual (on the to-do list)

www.citroencarclub.co.uk
electrokid
1K Away

Post by electrokid »

Thanks Ray - all I need now is 36 hour days :-)
2002 C5 HDi SX estate