Jolly Jaunt

Anything about BXs
tim leech

Jolly Jaunt

Post by tim leech »

Well were all set for sunday. Ian Fearn has very kindly agreed to come with me to collect my as yet unseen 19TZS auto from the Big Smoke! Even braver hes piloting back for me. Its road legal and insured so hopefully we will get home in one piece. AA card, jump leads and LHM at the ready!

Will keep you updated!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Good luck gents!
Vauxhall apologist.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Bon voyage mes amis! Take a camera 8)
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Will do, theres always that feeling of anticipation with a new car, I havent seen this car so dont know what to expect! Just hope it makes it back to Ashby in one piece! I have AA relay tho so if the worst comes to the worst we can get them to drop it off.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I have AA relay tho so if the worst comes to the worst we can get them to drop it off.
(Lucky a certain someone can't hear you say that!)
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

tim leech wrote:Will do, theres always that feeling of anticipation with a new car, I havent seen this car so dont know what to expect! Just hope it makes it back to Ashby in one piece! I have AA relay tho so if the worst comes to the worst we can get them to drop it off.
You mean if worst comes to the worse then we'll ditch it on the way back!
Over and out from me
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

There is that!
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Well we made it there and back in one piece, Thanks again to Ian, car is mechanically excellenty with just 75k and a fsh, owned by a vicar, however the bodys a bit knocked bout, needs both bumpers replacing and the sunroofs taped down :shock:

Tuns so smoothly tho and is a bargain at £25! even had half a tank of fuel in her, mot time next week, if it passes or doesnt need much then the TZD will need a new home as this ones so much nicer to drive as Ian who drove her the 130 miles home will agree!

Happy Bxing!

Another one Saved!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Nice one and hats off to you and Ian. He (Ian) has told me the car drives a treat and was the bargain of the year. I reckon the members from this site have probably saved more cars than any other car forum/club. Always good to hear of another one saved from a potentially uncertain fate (or an expensive car breakers in London!).
Vauxhall apologist.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Well done lads. Fingers crossed for the MOT...

(Any pics?)
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Well guys has anyone heard of memphis blue as thats my car? It needs some bits and bobs, so if anyone has them please let me know.

Firstly I need a grey sunroof motor cover, passenger side electric mirror as its been replaced by a manual one! :roll: Oh lol and a pair of mint memphis two tone bumpers! (im sure theres lots of them about!)

Mind you it has a full set of (tatty) genuine wheeltrims, rubber mats and front mudflaps and a sunroof deflector! (mind you the sunroofs been sealed up!) blocked channels I bet!

Mind you if it fails the MOT i may not need any, the rear arm bearings are shagged so lets see what the MOT man says!
Ian_Fearn

Post by Ian_Fearn »

Tim is being very critical of this car, a few minor bits of trim want replacing but my only real criticism is that the rear arm bearings want doing.

The car drives so nicely its unbelievable, in fact its the smoothest petrol BX i've heard in a long long time.

Tim, it was a pleasure driving it back!
Over and out from me
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Auto box OK? Sounds like it was!
Ian_Fearn

Post by Ian_Fearn »

The auto box was LOVELY!

So smooth and quiet. Its obviously been loved at some point in its life.

I'm really thinking i'd like an auto now.....
Over and out from me
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

Ian_Fearn wrote:I'm really thinking i'd like an auto now.....
Are you REALLY sure about that?

I find auto's a laugh to drive, for about 10 minutes, and then they are just deadly dull, and I've yet to drive an auto that I don't start manually shoving it into the gear I actually want, rather than the gear it thinks I want.
this might be a signature