Heated mirrors

BX Tech talk
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Heated mirrors

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Both my GTIs showed that in the recent cold and frosty mornings, that they have heated wing mirrors. Now, one isn't working and I wondered if it was straightforward to trace the fault?
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Cornishbx16v
BXpert

Post by Cornishbx16v »

I thought it was only normally the drivers thats heated??? i knowit is with mine unless you have fitted a heated to the passenger side??? ( the loom is there on the door for it on mine but not the mirror!)
Timmo.

After all I AM CORNISH!!!!

www.bx16v.com
www.bx16v.co.uk/forum
www.bx16valve.co.uk
Mike P
BXpert

Post by Mike P »

Of all the Bx's I've experienced, none have had a heated pasenger one. Only the drivers is heated, as Tim's previous post.
Could it be a drivers side only thing but common loom for RH and LH drive cars :?:

Mike P.
"F" White Phase 1 16V: 62K miles & seen on TV
"E" Grey Phase 1 16V: Long term project in bits
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

I've never heard of bx mirrors being heated but it may be like the headlamp washers that were fitted in certain countries other than UK

However Anders has written out instructions on how to heat your existing ones - post about 3/4 way down - some other interesting mirror info here as well.

http://www.citroenz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1832

If they are fitted are they automatic or switched?

jeremy
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Am sure from the loads of old bx brochures Ive had its only the drivers one that is heated Phillip!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I certainly have heated driver's side but I did note one morning recently that the passenger side was defrosting too on one of my BXs (both running to warm up). Now, it could have been that because both were parked side by side and running, the mirror was getting warmth from the car to its left!

Just ignore me and I'll go away!

I will do an experiment though one morning! :oops:
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v