Cruise Control

Anything about BXs
Way2go
Over 2k

Cruise Control

Post by Way2go »

Just wondered amonst all the extras and modifications you folk have fitted whether a good cruise control system had been devised or installed on any BX?
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

Never heard of it - I don't know if aftermarket kits are still available - I seem to remember they were but were rather expensive and complicated.

jeremy
M

Post by M »

Half an Accrington brick placed on the accelerator will keep your BX at a steady 67MPH in 5th gear... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Nope not come accross one.
st gilles

cc

Post by st gilles »

Theres a guy in Birmingham who does this sort of thing. I've got a kind of hand throttle on my car in france and although it does just keep the throttle constant it does have the safety control of it being instantly off when you touch the brakes or obviously switch it off. It was a few years ago now but I fitted it myself and it was about 50 quid then, I'll try and sort out the details for Thurs.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

You can still buy them, I bought one from a company called Conrad Anderson a few years ago (~£150)

You have to get a stepper motor controlled one if you have a disel though, rather than the vacuum operated one!

Try Google, they are still available.
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

Still can buy one - base mechanical one (very simple - hand throttle- releases on application of brakes or pressing a button - £39.95! Loads of goodies on site!

http://www.conrad-anderson.co.uk/

jeremy
st gilles

Post by st gilles »

Thats the place! I find mine very handy in France.
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

Now that is interesting.
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Interesting, thanks Jeremy........I wonder if that Original equipment stalk for Peugeot and Citroën vehicles can also be neatly fitted to the BX 8)
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

Even if it does fit I don't think it'll match - as ZX ones are round and BX ones are flat. I think Xantia are round as well.

Reminds me a bit of my Renault 21 - which as standard had different styles for indicator/lights and washers!