Unusual TRD on Mobile.de

Tell us about BXs you have spotted on the road, or BXs/parts spotted for sale including eBay finds.
toddao
BXpat

Unusual TRD on Mobile.de

Post by toddao »

Firstly, a Mk.1 with A/C in Europe (probably not working) and also that colour ( Vert Cali?). I've only seen one other like it which was that GT found in a shed in Belgium last year. Not sure about the body kit - should really have a Postert Mk.1 kit to make it right. Probably the ride of a 'sport Grandad!' Nevertheless quite interesting, if overpriced. Stored for eleven years. Click on main pic to get more images.
Brown Interior!!
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
richardd1652
1K Away

Post by richardd1652 »

Wow,ive never seen one that colour.Not sure about bodykits in general.
Not shy with the price tag.
Richard.
1985 MK1 BX Digit
1986 MK1 BX Leader
1988 19RD
1983 Tin Snail
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Wow, what a colour combo, more 80s that shoulder pads and jump suits! Love it!!!

Note the UNBROKEN rear tail blazer! surely thats worth the asking price :lol:
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

I'm quite suprised that someone who lavished all that attention on his BX couldn't stretch to some decent wheels.
For the price it's got a pretty high mileage and as it hasn't got an after market Oxi-Cat it's emission rated Euro 1 and the yearly tax for this would be €820!! The only way would be to buy it - after some serious haggling ( €1000 is still too high in my books) - and store it for five years til it could theoretically qualify for historic vehicle status under the 30 year rule. Then tax would drop to €160 or thereabouts and it could also be driven into all the German cities from where it's currently banned under the clean air regulations.
Todd

mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Do the emissions rules also apply to foreign registered cars? I.e. exclusion from city centres?

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

I've never managed to get to the bottom of whether the rules apply to foreign vehicles.

But more interestingly, that is the most GORGEOUS BX I've ever seen. I WANT IT!
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

For me the Mk1 BX doesn't really do it for me...dunno why, maybe it's partly that it was a Mk2 I grew up with but also I prefer the looks of the later cars. I like the quirkiness of the dash though, but for living with I'd go for the more conventional dials.

Each to their own and all that!

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

I think that the emission rules are meant to be for the whole of Europe. Basically a policeman will look to see if you've got a 'grüne Plakette' which is the sticker on the window that you display when you are emissions approved.
In practice, I can't imagine most city policeman being too bothered especially when you're 'foreign.' Though there are some pretty bored ones around here in the sticks but not so many 'green zones.'

A friend of mine was driving along in his 80s Mitsubishi L300 diesel when he came to a village which was a 'green zone' - he just drove through as he couldn't go back. The law is there but it depends who's looking as always!
Todd