Rob's BX is making him ill...help!

BX Tech talk
RKM
Confirmed BX'er

Post by RKM »

It's a BX TZD TD. How the heck did you get the alternator out without taking the rad out??!

Also, I hope it is possible to remove the FDV without taking the rad out. It looks a tight fit, but as you have done it, I hope I can follow!

R
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

I usually end up taking the rad out, thankfully its quick to do, the worst bit is getting the bottom hose off usually.
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
RKM
Confirmed BX'er

Post by RKM »

yeah, but it's the pain of bleeding all the coolant through again!!
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

Twist it round and pull it up by the LHM tank! - I have done it by taking off the plastic locating plate and lifting the rad from its mounting pins - found that one in the middle of a campsite by which time I had the oil filter off!

Someone gave me a ZX one which is actually bigger which I only discovered when I got it in there!

I get the FDV out using a 2 ft 3/8 in extension bar someone gave me many years ago. About the only use I've ever found for it but I can at the bolts using a further extension with a semi flexible coupling end.

jeremy
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

yes but you can backflush the rad while its off, get the dead leaves from around the fans, look at the rust on the front crossmember.
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft