TZD HURRICANE 1992 FOR SALE

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Oscar
1K Away

Post by Oscar »

Chris, so far we've seen 2 postage-stamp sized photos, and nothing else. No description, no honest assessment of faults, no reason for SORN, no niggles, affirmations of lack of rust or admissions thereof, nothing.

Steve and my banter should show you that there is a bit of latent demand, but try and make it easy for us, please? How about a write-up? Remember, we're a fairly well-informed audience, when it comes to BXs.
(Red BX 1.7TZD ("Well, it is a style icon" - Tom Sheppard)) "Was", Tom, "was"
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

You speak for yourself. I prefer the zx (*cough*) :D

Seriously though, considering the age of these cars it's all about condition, condition, condition. I don't trust prices I see on ebay as all too often cars are relisted quickly after they've been sold.

Maybe you'd be best off just listing the car on ebay? :wink:
ChrisH

Post by ChrisH »

Guys, I'm semi retired, the car is at work in Purfleet and I'm not going in again till 27 October. I do need to go over to Essex for something else on Wednesday and will try to take some more photos then. The ones you have at present were just a couple I happened to have on the computer. Also I had trouble posting them on here and had to ask for help. Give a silver surfer a break! :oops:

I'm a long standing BX fan myself and have had more of these cars than I care to remember - I think I've had about ten of them so far, at one time I had a fleet of four.

I don't really want to put this car on ebay, I just had a look to see what it might possibly be worth.

The car is in average condition for the year. Think 146,000 miles. There is a slight dent which will easily knock out nearside lower front wing and door. Apart from that body work is ok. The front bumper needs to be re-hung because one of the clips has come out on the offside.
TTYL
Chris
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

Sorry Chris - no actual offence was intended. It's up to you of course how and where you sell your car. I was just trying to get across the frustration of not getting much information when a car is advertised.

I'm sure you'll get a good price if you do decide to sell as the Hurricane is a nice Spec. model.

Cheers
Steve
Oscar
1K Away

Post by Oscar »

scarecrow wrote:Sorry Chris - no actual offence was intended. It's up to you of course how and where you sell your car. I was just trying to get across the frustration of not getting much information when a car is advertised.

I'm sure you'll get a good price if you do decide to sell as the Hurricane is a nice Spec. model.

Cheers
Steve

It's like we're sharing a brain....

Chris, looking forward to the photos.

Oscar
(Red BX 1.7TZD ("Well, it is a style icon" - Tom Sheppard)) "Was", Tom, "was"
ChrisH

Post by ChrisH »

No offence taken, I don't pretend to be 'good with computers', I'm just not in the right age bracket!

Will have to ask for more help but will get some more photos on as soon as.

In the meantime please ask anything you want to know. We have two other Citroens, the wife bought herself a C3 and I have a C4. The kids have left home so no need for a fleet these days. The BX has been a bit of a hobby for me.
TTYL
Chris
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Being close to Hullbridge, has this car been to Dennis at Citroen Softride?
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
ChrisH

Post by ChrisH »

No it's not been to Hullbridge. The work has all been done by me and mate who happens to be a qualified motor mechanic. So it's all done to a professional standard.
TTYL
Chris
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I don't doubt it! I was just asking. Didn't mean to cause offence ;) (Dennis is very skilled too).
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
ChrisH

Post by ChrisH »

I'm sure he is :lol:
TTYL
Chris
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

More pictures coming Thursday!
Vauxhall apologist.
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

Photos taken by the vendor.
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

I like the stripes in the 3rd picture from the end.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

A K reg Hurricane !. Blimey!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Could make a nice car, think those red stripes dont suit it at all plus it needs a bit of body work and finding a replacment drivers seat wont be easy!
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....