Titanium headrests

Anything about BXs
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Titanium headrests

Post by stuart_hedges »

We stopped for a coffee on the run to Bristol over the weekend at a pub near Slough.

After we'd finished I was reversing out of the parking bay when I felt one of the wheels bump over something. I couldn't understand how I'd run over the kerb so kept my eyes open as we rolled back and something small and black appeared in front of us. I stopped the car and leapt out, thinking it was a cat or something. Imagine my relief when I found it was one of the rear headrests! My girlfriend's son had been lying across the back seat asleep and using it as a pillow - it must have dropped out when he got out of the car.

It had a tyre mark of course, but once I'd brushed that off it was totally undamaged!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Lucky you! I remember coming back from a holiday in Cromer a few years ago. The last day there we took in the Sheringham-Holt steam train and young master Cavmad loved it. My dad bought him a train driver`s hat with a little badge saying `driver` and he loved it.
On the way home somewhere near Kings Lynn, approaching a roundabout and my lads fast asleep with his head on the window. Not thinking I opened his window instead of mine, saw a gap in the traffic and welted it, just as my lad`s hat went out the window and got squished by an HGV. One hour or so later and he`s woken up and looking for his hat. You can probably guess how the next 4 or 5 hours of the journey went :cry:
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Ah ha my home made headrests!
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Well you did a good job mate! How did you make them?
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Got some spare front ones off a scrapper and cute them down to fit and removed the plastic thingamy!