grey 16 v on ebay

Tell us about BXs you have spotted on the road, or BXs/parts spotted for sale including eBay finds.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I'm aware I must seem strangely fixated on white. I can only apologise, as it is rather daft. :D

Matt, what's the problem because if I fail to sell my white Ph2 I could strip it for bits. Including having the engine rebuilt at some point in Kermit's state-of-the-art shed-to-be. :lol:
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Matt H
1K Away

Post by Matt H »

It's an electrical fault somewhere... I've not really tried to get it sorted since I got it home, but you can read about it here.
R9UKE
Confirmed BX'er

Post by R9UKE »

Very mean looking BX, any reason why Northern Irish bids aren't welcome?

We are part of the UK you know!!
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

If its a forum member that I "know"then its a different story, Ive had a few issues previously with cars Ive sold so UK mainland only. Various excuses for delays, or why the sale cant be completed,ferrys being cancelled due to bad weather, I cant get a flight etc, one chap even asked me to drive it to the port and load it on a boat for him at my cost! :roll:

The best one though was when I sold a Sierra 2 years ago, the chap would "ping" me once on his mobile so I would call him back to save his phone bill, when he finally collected it over two weeks later (the day I moved house) it was by a 50ft Car trailer full of crashed/salvage cars, which got the neighbours curtains twitching!!, especially as I live on a cul de sac.

A brown paper bag of irish notes was handed over, surprisngly enough it was short so the driver made up the difference which he just happened to have in his pocket! and said he would "get it back off his mate himself" :?
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

Roverman wrote: A brown paper bag of irish notes was handed over, surprisngly enough it was short so the driver made up the difference which he just happened to have in his pocket! and said he would "get it back off his mate himself" :?
Well wasn't that lucky that such a decent chap happened to be driving the truck????? :lol:
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

R9UKE wrote:any reason why Northern Irish bids aren't welcome?

Hi Luke

I recently sold some diving equipment on Ebay quoting mianland UK delivery charges, unfortunately for me the winning bidder was from NI and I was honour bound to suffer the massive difference in postage costs that I hadn't allowed for. It's ridiculous the amount charged for delivery to NI, I can post to other countries much further afield in Europe much cheaper than from Manchester to NI and to Ozz and NZ for just a little more :?
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
R9UKE
Confirmed BX'er

Post by R9UKE »

OK then, completely understandable!

We miss out on a lot of things by not being on the mainland - don't want classic Citroen purchasing to become one of them!
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

It may get relisted at this rate, ive been made aware the advert states it has tax until next October which is wrong, its until this month as per the extra pictures, which is 11 months difference which is £180.00

So if anyone on here was thinking of having a cheeky bid at the last minute PLEASE be awre of this, as I wont be discounting £180 off the end price!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Ouch, Tim! Not helpful. If I was bidding, I would be taking that into account, mate.

It's going OK at the moment. If it reached close to £900 and the winner kicked up a fuss I would be reluctantly obliged to negotiate I think, save having to go through the trouble of relisting. Unless you listed it as a Buy it now or best offer and gave all bidders another (quick) chance?
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

We shall see, Ive emailed the highes bidders but you can guarantee I will get a chancer. I would offer a contribution as a last resport but if I need to relist it then so be it. :cry:
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I'm sure it'll work out. Best of luck with the sale, Tim. :)
R9UKE
Confirmed BX'er

Post by R9UKE »

Defender110 wrote:
R9UKE wrote:any reason why Northern Irish bids aren't welcome?

Hi Luke

I recently sold some diving equipment on Ebay quoting mianland UK delivery charges, unfortunately for me the winning bidder was from NI and I was honour bound to suffer the massive difference in postage costs that I hadn't allowed for. It's ridiculous the amount charged for delivery to NI, I can post to other countries much further afield in Europe much cheaper than from Manchester to NI and to Ozz and NZ for just a little more :?
Yes I completely agree - it's very very annoying. It is part of the UK after all, something Royal Mail don't like to recognize.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Well it sold £820 which im happy with, but I did expect it to go for a bit more. Ive explained the to buyer about the tax and Im waiting a reply! :oops:
Last edited by Tim Leech on Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Well done, Tim. Given the time of year and the current economic climate, I would be happy enough with that sale.
Matt H
1K Away

Post by Matt H »

I was going to say, it's not the ideal time of year, but it really should have gone for more...

And Tim/Phil you both have a PM from me:lol: