Tims New BX 19TZI Auto

A place for us to show off our cars in all their glory. Please keep picture sizes to about 800x600 pixels.
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

Roverman wrote: Image

he's been working on Citroens since 1974 apparently
What they failed to mention was that it was the same one :wink:
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

scarecrow wrote:What does it drive like Tim, I bet it's smooth as hell?

"White" is growing on me.
Its lovely, the front struts aren't great, I have lubed them but they still groan and stick so the ride isn't as good as it could be but its miles better since the arms and spheres have been done, the autobox is creamy smooth and the engine is nice and torquey so its a lovely drive. The seats are the GTi type so very comfy but has the grey interior which not to everyone's tastes is very light and airy. And the heater is bloody amazing :lol:
Last edited by Tim Leech on Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

^^bx> Looking excellent Tim. Agree with you on the heater in the BX my Peugeot 407 has the full monty dual-zone climate control and i swear the heater is better in the BX. What are you buying the BX's for Christmas?
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

mds141 wrote:^^bx> Looking excellent Tim. Agree with you on the heater in the BX my Peugeot 407 has the full monty dual-zone climate control and i swear the heater is better in the BX. What are you buying the BX's for Christmas?
Well ive just spent £300 on the TZi, plus £540 for the plate so nothing on that one, the GT is in winter storage but doesnt need much (except taxing and a heater tap), as for the 16TRS I have a plan afoot for that and all will be revealed, as for the GTi will depend on how badly it fails the MOT on friday :shock: whether I keep it and "mint it up" or get shut.
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

Tim if you don't mind me asking how much do chevronics charge for the arm bearing job?
Mark Smith

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.

Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

I'm not sure as they did a few jobs together and I paid one bill. I think its about £100 a side plus bits.

Also fitted in the last few months are new rear badges (one came from Australia), new rear lamps (the nice dark smoked) and a 16v rear box with super shiny tailpipe, looking at the pictures taken in the summer of the two cars together you can see how much the rear wheels on the TZI are "on the piss" so money well spend as they are nice and vertical now. :D

Doseur valve and new struts next then.....
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Well its been a year since an update, not much has happened since last time, a new s/h drivers wing has been been painted and fitted as the existing one was starting to rust on the edges, as have a set of NEW stainless steel bumper inserts (ala TX) and Helix Garage look-a-like plates and a colour coded grille.

Today I changed the oil, greased the groaning struts (again), and gave her a good polish with some very posh "lifeshine" treatment from work (we werent busy). Shes road legal again now since June 11, and I intend to clock some miles up on dry days. After doing 250 miles in the TZD yesterday this feels like a Rolls in comparison

Things left to do are get the dent man to have look round her and change the squeaky aux belt :lol:

maxgreenwood
BXpert

Post by maxgreenwood »

I love the look of that car. Sounds like it drives very well too.
'92 16TXS (m), Dark metallic green, 74k
'90 16TZS (m), White, 86k
'89 19TRS auto, Olympic Blue, 133k
'88 Saab 900 8v Turbo (auto) 107k Red with Tan leather, lovely drive and well maintained.
'07 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 CRDi 85k (m). Practical family wagon
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

maxgreenwood wrote:I love the look of that car. Sounds like it drives very well too.
It does, i went to my local SD1 O/C meeting in it yesterday and it flew down the M42, with a dab of the throttle it was up past 80 and is very responsive, still need to sort that front struts though and the squealing aux belt but overall its a lovely car. Even a couple of the Rover guys commented on what a lovely example.
maxgreenwood
BXpert

Post by maxgreenwood »

Yes the responsiveness of that engine is very nice, same one as gti I think? I still have a slight intermittent misfire / occasional judder on mine which I hope to get sorted.
New / recon struts make a world of difference. Although the ones on my gti are good I might swap them for the recon ones I have on the 16tzs before I have to let it go sadly. I just can't afford to swap the engine on that one. I have someone interested for £200, shame as I put a new clutch, octopus and cam belt on it, but I think I'll have to cut my losses.
Pleiades do a really good job on recon struts around £300.
'92 16TXS (m), Dark metallic green, 74k
'90 16TZS (m), White, 86k
'89 19TRS auto, Olympic Blue, 133k
'88 Saab 900 8v Turbo (auto) 107k Red with Tan leather, lovely drive and well maintained.
'07 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 CRDi 85k (m). Practical family wagon
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

I have a pair of struts in my store which seem to be lovely and smooth, when the weather gets better I wil have a go at changing them.

Its basically the same engine as the GTi, but with a catalyst so is 123bhp instead of 125 according to the book.
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

Lovely looking car that Tim. :)
Mark Smith

Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Thanks Mark, I have to say, if someone said you could only keep one BX, it would be a tough call between the GT and this, its just such a lovely "wafty" drive.
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

Should try a XM Tim, it's like being on a water bed!
Mark Smith

Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

mds141 wrote:Should try a XM Tim, it's like being on a water bed!
I think an early XM SE in a dark colour is a wonderful looking beast, but like water beds, XM's do tend to spring leaks and are more complicated than I like (a bit like the TZI with its A/C and ABS). Nice car, not for me though, a bit too big.