PUMP

BX Tech talk
tim leech

PUMP

Post by tim leech »

The chap from the BX16v is still interested but wants to know if my TZD has a bosch fuel pump, anyway I can tell?

Ken did you notice what was on it?
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

No idea, but the Lucas/CAV one is very squarish looking where as the Bosch one is very nobbly.

Can you post a picture or compare it to Haynes manual.
Geoffrey Gould
BXpert

Pump.

Post by Geoffrey Gould »

Hi on mine the word BOSCH is in raised lettering on the side facing the radiator, it needs a "clean" pump to see it.
Cheers
Geoff.
RichardW
BXpert

Post by RichardW »

Easy - cold start cable goes to the back of the Bosch pump, and to the front of a Lucas one 8)
I NEED a BX TD.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Yep has bosch written on the front of it! Lol thanks guys! Washed it again today and it look so nice I dont know what what to do now!
st gilles

Post by st gilles »

I think that means you can run it safely on Veg Oil which can be the only reason the guy asked the question........might be worth keeping if it all got really expensive one day.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Yeh I know matey, but needs must!
st gilles

Post by st gilles »

If it was an estate with a towbar, I'd be in like Flint!
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Err thanks but its mint How many 19TZDs can u find in excellent condition!
st gilles

Post by st gilles »

Got one in France, '90 auto' diesel lhd (eng reg) 200kms with towbar. One other owner (german), absolutely pristine (well it was last time I saw it in Nov). Just need a top spec diesel estate with T/bar for trips to and from until the need for to and fro has gone and I can stay there and live for the whole year in France on what I pay in Rates/poll tax; call it what you will, in rip off Britain.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Off topic (sorry) but what you say is true. I lived in France and, for us, the equivalent of council tax was 30% of what it is here!
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

ST Gilles you want another to drive over here?
st gilles

Post by st gilles »

Like I said Tim if it was an estate with a towbar for my trailer I'd be biting your arm off. I can sense that you are keen to sell and I could be in the market for it in a few weeks but I don't know how long it will be....just got to sell a CX Estate first........SWMBO is adamant that there are too many cars at maison Gilles.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Ok matey well if this chap from the 16V Club doesnt want it I will keep in touch.
cauchoiskev
BXpert

Post by cauchoiskev »

st gilles wrote:I can live for the whole year in France on what I pay in Rates/poll tax; call it what you will, in rip off Britain.
Yeah, try telling that to most French folk who believe that GB is some fairyland where you make loadsamoney and pay no taxes ! Oh, they do admit the NHS is crap, though...