How weird is this?

Anything about BXs
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

How weird is this?

Post by cavmad »

Took my BX into the garage today to investigate the whistling/squeeking noise from the o/s/f. Happy to say it`s not major or terminal, warped discs and pads on their way out but apparantly another few thousand miles left in them yet. Goes without saying I`ll be getting them done asap.
the really weird thing is that the creaking noise from the suspension has disappeared!
Took Mrs Cavmad to work tonight down my usual route of poorly surfaced roads and speed humps and not a peep from the suspension!
What the hell is all that about?!!!! I assume the garage owner has removed one or both of the front wheels to look at the discs and pads so maybe when he`s jacked it up or put it on his two poster ramp something`s clicked back into place?
I shouldn`t really complain-especiallly if it stays like this-but in a sort of perverse way I was looking foward to trying out Ian`s cure for the suspension.
BX owners, hey- there`s just no pleasing us sometimes!
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

Take it back and DEMAND the creaking be put back in!

Wouldnt take the car in to have the pads and discs done though, there pretty much aesy peasy!
Mr B
Northern Moderator
Northern Moderator

Post by Mr B »

Disc and pads deffo a DIY job, the bits are dirt cheap as well. Have a look on the GSF site for the cost.
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

have to say for brakes and discs i go to a factor in Birkenhead (LVW Senar) as they only seem to do Brembo performance discs, and usually for a lot less than GSF, so far i have been very impressed with the discs, however GSF is the cheapest place i hae found to get real pads ;)
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Vanny wrote:Take it back and DEMAND the creaking be put back in!

Wouldnt take the car in to have the pads and discs done though, there pretty much aesy peasy!
Haha, I like that idea!
As regards the brakes I could probably do them myself and save a few quid but as daft as it sounds I don`t mind taking it to my local garage. He`s a top fella and has done me so many favours I`ve lost count so I`m quite happy to let him do it.
He`s the kind of bloke who gives me endless free advice even when he`s busy and doesn`t charge me for small jobs and inspections so every now and then I give him jobs I could do myself but would rather he did it and got paid for it.
I`ve had loads of bad experiences being ripped off by garages over the years and for me trust is a huge thing. I know if I ask him to look at something for me I`ll only get told what REALLY needs doing and not six A4 sheets of things he`s invented to bring extra money in.