Would any of the Club mind if?...

Anything about BXs
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Would any of the Club mind if?...

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I'd like to start an informal UK register of Citroen GTIs - AX, BX (including 4x4), CX, Visas. I don't think I would rule out GTs either, (basically - any Citroen with the 'squiggly' silver, GT / GTI badge!) - but might not include the Visa Chronos or Mille Pistes for instance (but given their rarity, I might!)... I think I'd leave out 16 valvers as they're well catered for at the moment.

Would the club have any problem if I made the information I gather available to all members? I guess there must be quite a few BX GTs / GTIs knocking about... but less certain about CX/Visas.

I appreciate it could get silly with, say, a 'Meteor' register, but there is a reasonable tradition of 'sporty' Citroens carrying that badge and because I've got two (I've owned six) I have a great respect for the combination of performance and usability...

So, let me know what you all think...
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Tim2cv
BXpert

Post by Tim2cv »

isnt the 16v a 16v and not a gti 16v?
A gti registerwould be ok though for those with a gti. same as there is a 16v one.
TIM
2CV6 1986 Dolly

MEHARI 1976

DYANE 6 1981 - GF'S CAR!

www.bx16valve.co.uk/forum

www.myspace.com/tim2cv
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Yep, absolutely. Well I think I'm sure. The 16 valve was never badged GTi 16 valve (or indeed GTi 16 soupapes en français) although I have seen literature where it is referred to as such. Now, as far as the 4x4 is concerned it did (but not always, I believe) carry the GTi badge so is eligible.
Cornishbx16v
BXpert

Post by Cornishbx16v »

i thought the early mk1's were badged up as gti 16v's???

Does the citroen sport site not have a database of all sports citroens???
Timmo.

After all I AM CORNISH!!!!

www.bx16v.com
www.bx16v.co.uk/forum
www.bx16valve.co.uk
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I don't claim to be sure Cornish, I haven't seen a BX actually badged GTI 16v but am happy to be told that there were such beasts! I will check out the database (you don't have a link do you?)..
Toddman
BXpert

BX 16v

Post by Toddman »

The early 16v models did in fact carry the GTi badge.
You can download the MK1 16v brochure amongst others here
http://www.bx16valve.co.uk/30.html

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k - G764KEW

http://www.bx16valve.com
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

The 4x4 came as a GTi 4x4 or the 1905carb 4x4.

PS, i think the register is a great idea.

I love the GTi models.
Over and out from me
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

You'll have to go for that red one on eBay then, Ian! :wink:
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Right.

Anyone who wants to go onto the register as a Citroen GTI owner, please send the following to: citroengti@btinternet.com

• Your name and (approx) location • Model designation (include auto if appropriate) • Year of registration • Acquisition date • Registration (put asterixs in place of the numbers for peace of mind) (and note if SORN) • BX ORGA number if appropriate (stencilled inside passenger door frame) • Colour (plus code if you have it) • Interior trim • Approx mileage • Any notable options (e.g. A/C) • Any modifications • Other comments • A picture would be good too...

Once I have a few I will email the members of the register a PDF with all the info on it for checking... In time I will provide a link for users of this Forum to a download site.

Please let anybody you know who has a Citroen GTI (be it AX, BX, CX or Visa) about this...

cheers, Phil
AlanS
BXpert

Post by AlanS »

I think you'll find the series one BX16V was as has been described, badged "GTi" but it seems that if you have a BX16V you pay a certain rate of insurance but if you have a BX 16V GTi, it's about 3 times the premium of the car minus the "GTi" badge, as a result, very few still have the badges attached.
I even discovered that over here in Oz where the series one BX 16V GTi was never imported by asking for two quotes, one for each model, which speaks volumes for the efficiency/competancy of the motor Insurance industry when it comes to their ability to identify models they are insuring.
Makes the old arguments about "if you do ******* to your car and have an accident, the insurance won't cover you" it's more like when speaking to the Insurance company, tell them Citroen starts with a "C" not an "S" because, I've even rung for quotes and been told they couldn't find it....."How do you spell that? S I T R *** followed by "Who makes them? Nissan?" :shock: :oops: :roll:

Alan S :twisted:
By the time you're old enough to know it all, you can't remember why you were learning.