Scarecrow's 14TGE

Tell us about life with your BX, or indeed life in general!
sdelasal
BXpert

Post by sdelasal »

Here's a couple of links that provide a taster of the tools/methods used for controls development..

http://www.dspaceinc.com/shared/data/pd ... mbh%29.pdf

http://www.ricardo.com/What-we-do/Techn ... ectronics/

Steve
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

Thanks for that Steve - I haven't slept so well in ages :wink: :D

The 14 is done! The results from the rolling-road place are, 88.6BHP at 5563rpm and 92.4lbft / 3850 rpm :lol: Not sure how that compares with before but it certainly goes much better.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Given that the brochure spec was 72bhp & 82lbft, and the power output of the TU3S engine (with a different camshaft) was from memory 85bhp, I'd say not bad at all!

Or if I wanted to be a cynic I'd suggest the rolling road needed calibration... :wink: But whatever the actual figures are the main point is you can feel a difference! :D

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

Bloomin lot of work for a few extra horses really - but it's worth it to have a car that isn't jumpfarting around all the time. Next thing is going to be a clutch as it seems to bite very high up. The choke's too fast but I can knock it back a bit easily enough (famous last words).

Other than the smoothness now, I can't really notice the power, it certainly doesn't give the kick of the tzd :wink:
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

mat_fenwick wrote:Given that the brochure spec was 72bhp & 82lbft, and the power output of the TU3S engine (with a different camshaft) was from memory 85bhp, I'd say not bad at all!

Or if I wanted to be a cynic I'd suggest the rolling road needed calibration... :wink: But whatever the actual figures are the main point is you can feel a difference! :D
I wonder if the K&N air filter accounts for the extra couple of horsepower?
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

Oh dear - it's just too much fun! I feel like I'm 17 again. I was only thinking the other day how much I miss playing rugby...

I was innocently driving along and a KA2 tried to undertake me :roll: then a 106 tried tailgating me so I teased him for a while by going very slow, then byebye. The Carb. sounds like an angry dog growling when the second chamber comes in.

I must admit it made me laugh quite a lot. I even forgot I had taken my 80yo mother out shopping, but she said she enjoyed it too :wink: I haven't had this much fun for ages (not since I first drove the tzd).

The next thing to do is drive sensibly and see what mpg I get :?
electrokid
1K Away

Post by electrokid »

Steve - PM sent.
1992 BX19 TGD estate 228K Rusty - SORNed
2002 C5 HDi SX estate
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

There I was - doing the right thing, trying to support local businesses by using the smaller shops in our local shopping precinct, and the big, fat Hitler bitch parking slut gave me an enforcement notice because my ticket had run out by 5 minutes! AND I know it was vindictive because I'd caught her hovering around the car (she should stick to hoovering) whilst I was at the ticket machine buying a ticket a couple of days ago, and I'd joked she'd have to try harder. She'd then gone on to tell me I shouldn't leave my dog in the car because it was too hot - even though I leave all the windows open and it was about 7C outside!

What's so frustrating is that there's nothing you can do about it. I truly understand how the Unabomber must have felt to do what he did. What has happened to our society where rules are enforced indiscriminately against people just trying to go about their day-to-day lives? You try to keep your nose clean and 'they' just punch you repeatedly on it.

Stuff this country and all the phoney politicians, the far right, the communists the ideologues the bankers the petty little twats with a uniform and a grudge. Stuff 'em all. They do nothing when you're a victim of crime and then persecute you for existing.

I have just thought of an excellent ruse - I shall gather up all of my old parking tickets, line them all up along the dashboard, with a valid one somewhere amongst them. How long will that take to read them all?

Grrrrrr
sdelasal
BXpert

Post by sdelasal »

Steve - It's not all negative - It sounds like you're giving someone the opportunity to shine in the job they enjoy, the fine is contributing to the salary - and possibly offsetting the need of the council to raise local taxes to pay that salary. And ... with 'lessons having been learnt' by you, hopefully this type of crime will be reduced & our 'streets will be safer'. Good job I say.
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

:shock: :wink:

Lesson learnt, my arse. I'm now contemplating overthrowing the council... if I can get enough rebel support :wink: Self-immolation is no longer an option as I can't afford the petrol, plus someone said it might hurt.
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

Having said all that, the bx does go rather well :D If I can get through a whole week without any spirited driving I'll work out what I've done to the fuel consumption. I've a feeling it's a bit down on the single Carb. setup.

Something I've been reminded of is that the accelerator pedal doesn't offer enough resistance - which is a bit uncomfortable when cruising on the motorway. I'll have to look at beefing-up a spring somewhere.
scarecrow

Going to Belgium... nearly

Post by scarecrow »

Polished the car yesterday ready for a run to Belgium, but only got as far as the Channel Tunnel check-in, I got my dates mixed up and arrived a week early :oops: So, I'm off to Belgium next week now and not Stratford as I'd hoped :?
messerschmitt owner
BXpert

Post by messerschmitt owner »

scarecrow wrote: Stuff this country and all the phoney politicians, the far right, the communists the ideologues the bankers the petty little twats with a uniform and a grudge. Stuff 'em all. They do nothing when you're a victim of crime and then persecute you for existing.

Grrrrrr
I do believe the traffic warden was doing nothing more than redistributing the wealth to someone less well off than you, which is, I am sure you will agree, a very sensible thing to do.
;)
Citroen XM 2.1TD SX hatchback
Citroen XM 2.1TD VSX estate
Smart Roadster
Fiat Punto Cabriolet
Messerschmitt Kr200
Bond minicar mk C
Fiat 126 Bis
BX-less at the moment!
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

What is your point? We all know that petty fines such as these hit the poorest hardest - whilst the rich swan about in all their glorious vulgarity oblivious to such trifling matters. But that's okay, right? Because we all see that if you're rich enough you can do whatever you fucking want. What the wealthy need to realise is that their laws become progressively less relevant with increasing poverty. Eventually there is a point at which one has nothing left to lose...

I see the BBC have cottoned on to the growing movement towards Marxist ideals http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-14764357
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

I think income related fines have a lot going for them - as you point out the severity of the 'punishment' for some offences varies according to how well off you are.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad