16v AFM to throttle body inlet hose...

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Matt H
1K Away

16v AFM to throttle body inlet hose...

Post by Matt H »

Had a bit of a fettling session with Valver at the weekend, and spotted a rather large split in this hose, so I thought I'd swap it off the white car... When I started to take it apart I noticed that the jubilee clip that tightens onto the throttle body had snapped. This might explain the poor idle, lack of top-end power and 'around town' shunting I was experiencing :lol: To be honest, I'm amazed it was running as well as it was.

It really pulls well now, and any doubts I had about the performance of this particular car have been laid to rest! It also fires up from warm much more cleanly too.

I do however need a new inlet hose, as the split could be repaired (It's failed on the breather join), the actual rubber seems to be degrading where it joins the TB. I could buy one of those shortened 205 silicone ones from eBay for £60, but I'd rather just get a good original spare if anyone has one.

The white car still runs, but quite poorly, and I need to source a new hose before I can MoT it.

Cash or virtual money waiting :D
Matt H
1K Away

Post by Matt H »

I meant to post this in the wanted section :roll:
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

But you did! :wink:

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Matt H
1K Away

Post by Matt H »

Ta very much :lol:
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Woops, sorry didnt notice that :oops:
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Matt H
1K Away

Post by Matt H »

I didn't notice it until I thought about taking it apart... I imagine it is a common cause of running nightmares on a lot of cars.

It feels about 10-15% more powerful, and 30% more responsive. I imagine it was overfueling (especially after looking at the plugs) which definitely would have an effect on the MPG. On the whole, I'm a happy chappy though :)

Until it develops another problem... :lol:
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

Try having a word with Stuart at Baker BM. He did have a couple for the BX, i bought one from him for what i consider pennies.

The details are all on the 'Silicon Hose' thread on BX16v.

http://bx16valve.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1834