sign of a good car

Anything about BXs
djm666
BXpert

sign of a good car

Post by djm666 »

I sold a BX diesel to a mate of mine, any way i do all his work on it for him. he is a high mileage person doing in excess of 1500km a week.
anyway. i said to him have the oil done every 5000km and you will be fine.
i pulled it in to do the oil pulled the sump plug out and one drip of oil came out.

i changed the filter and put oil in and away it goes again.

bloody good
David Musk

TXD Turbo 92
4X4 Estate 90
CX25GTi Turbo 85
Discoil
BXpert

Post by Discoil »

I serviced 100's of ax cars and often found no oil in the sump, the oil filter was always full though :D
Land Rover Discovery TD5
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

The fact that it runs under such neglect doesn't mean it hasn't been damaged and it's life-expectancy reduced. :shock:
1991 BX19GTi Auto
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

My wife's AX rarely had oil in the sump. Had PSA actually discovered how to make engines run without oil?
djm666
BXpert

sign of no oil

Post by djm666 »

Yes in the end he came in one day on 3 cylinders. he drove it for another 20000 before i found and rebuilt andother engine for him. it had an oil collection tank in the inner wing to collect the oil so we could put it back in the engine. when i took the head off his neglected engine it had picked up a ring on the bore had then smashed it into the head and piston and then made its way into the exhaust. there were lots of bits of the piston rings in the exhaust, jammed in the head and piston.
we put a 1.9D in after that. made it go like the wind.
so yeah if you find a Black BX it has got a bit of history. think it might be dead now as he sold it to a load of albanians and i doubt they would have taken care of it.

PSA have managed to make engines that burn oil untill it has just enough to get it to the next service.

what a laugh though. the engine was buggered when i took it out but he was stil driving everyday the same high mileage and it did not let him down.

just goes to show why would you have any other car. BX is best.
David Musk

TXD Turbo 92
4X4 Estate 90
CX25GTi Turbo 85