Millesime

A place for us to show off our cars in all their glory. Please keep picture sizes to about 800x600 pixels.
richardd1652
1K Away

Millesime

Post by richardd1652 »

been busy with the Millesime and she now has her French number plates back after the last owner took them as a momento and also yellow bulbs and now wears 16v alloys. Hope to have her mobile for the Country run if possible although if not i will be going in the "Red Shed".
Richard.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Looking great! well done that man.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
rayfenwick
1K Away

Post by rayfenwick »

A lovely car - great save! ^^bx>
Ray

The Fleet (most recent first):
2000 Citroën XM 3.0 24V V6 Exclusive Auto (pre-MOT)
1997 Citroën XM 2.0 TCT Exclusive Auto (for sale)
1979 Citroën CX 2.4 EI Cmatic Prestige (slowly being restored)

1992 Alfa Romeo 164 Lusso 3.0 v6 12v Manual (on the to-do list)

www.citroencarclub.co.uk
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Fabulous looking BX. Nice one Richard. Remind me, is it a petrol or diesel? Manual or auto?

PS That back box/tail pipe needs lifting up a bit :wink: :)
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

1.9 D manual! so specially rare as they didnt do the Athena over here in anything else but a 1.6 petrol.

I like that! maybe after the Northern rally we should all go and visit your "collection"
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

How long can you run it in the UK on those French plates before you have to register it to the UK and put UK plates on?
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

Really lovely car! I think the Millesime/Athena was one of the best looking BX's ever. Didn't know it was available as a diesel in France.

Adrian E
BXpert

Post by Adrian E »

Defender110 wrote:How long can you run it in the UK on those French plates before you have to register it to the UK and put UK plates on?
6 months, IF it's still registered to a French address. Otherwise needs the paperwork doing ASAP unless it's going to spend half the year abroad. Will only need an mph speedo, headlights and foglight moving (can't remember if BX has 2?) for MOT, then quick trip the DVLA local office for an age related plate.
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

Don't think they need the speedo changing for mot, I am also a Deli owner which are all Japanese imports and many of them remain in kms, changing to MPH speedo appears to be just an owner option.
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
richardd1652
1K Away

Post by richardd1652 »

Fella i know has been running an old Merc on German plates now about 4 years without issue?
The Italian estate had been run for 2 years on Foreign plates before i bought it, having said that i think it used to go back towing a boat regularily.
Theres bloody loads of Polish registered cars floating about near me,never seen one yet been pulled.
I ran a French reg Visa for long enough and lord only knows how long that had been here before i got it, never had any bother.
Richard.
richardd1652
1K Away

Post by richardd1652 »

They dont check speedo,s for an Mot anyway to even see if they are working?
P.s just noticed that the Millesime DOESNT have side repeater indicators. The more i look at it the more differences there are between our "Athena" spec cars like it has no sunroof but has roof mounted map reading light,not 2 but just 1. Top glovebox on dashboard which i still cant understand why we never got it for RHD models. The LHD Italian car has top glovebox with lid but bottom glovebox hasnt got and looks to never had a lid,no e/w no c/l no tints and no pas on an RS trim spec.
I love em for the differnces mind you.
Richard.
Stinkwheel
1K Away

Post by Stinkwheel »

Richard, we really need pictures of all those extra options :) :)
Doctor Of Gonzo Journalism!!!
93 BX TZD Estate
90 BX 14TE St Tropez
93 BX 19 TXD Estate
92 BX 16TXi
77 Ami 8 Break
79 Acadiane
81 Dyane6
84 2CV6
85 GSA saloon rally car
To slightly mis-quote Kitch ... "BX 14. They're just brilliant!"
Adrian E
BXpert

Post by Adrian E »

What I've posted is the LEGAL requirements for a car used in the UK - well aware there's many foreign registered cars, driven by both UK Nationals and residents, that don't get caught.

Be under no illusion if you get stopped for any other reason they will check, if they're proper traffic police, to make sure the car is legal. As a UK National if you don't have a plausible tale about keeping the car at your holiday home in France for more than half the year (which they can check based on port entries and exits) then they will take action.

The Road Vehicles (Construction & Use) Regulations and the Road Traffic Act set out the requirements for UK used cars, which includes speedos that read in mph (or mph and kmh), headlights that dip for left hand traffic etc etc.

There's all the info you could possibly need on the direct.gov web site on requirements for importing a vehicle and proof required. Also covers use of a foreign registered vehicle in the UK.

Adrian
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Im burton where I am there is also LOADS of latvian, Polish and slovakian registered cars which have been here for ages. One Leon Cupra has been here for 4 years at least and a Chrysler Voyager for well over 5 (with a taped up rear window).

How they get away with it god knows, of course I imagine they dont pay road tax :roll: and there standard of driving isnt much cop either!
Adrian E
BXpert

Post by Adrian E »

If the local constabulary could be bothered, they'd have a field day - surprised they don't team up with immigration folks and do roadside checks - they do them all the time down my way near Gatwick!

You know full well most of them never get maintained, never mind annually inspected. Some do get driven all the way home through the year, but if the cumulative total of time in the UK is over 6 months then this is where it should be registered. Same rules apply elsewhere, which is why it cracks me up to see UK registered cars in Spain/Portugal/Greece with 5 year old tax discs displayed still!

Adrian
1988 Citroen BX GTI 16V p1
2002 Audi S8 4.2
2011 Audi S5 Sportback