Hard suspension

BX Tech talk
sleepy0905
1K Away

Hard suspension

Post by sleepy0905 »

Hi can anyone give me any ideas the rear suspension is quite firm i have just changed the spheres so i am wondering if my rear H/C is stuffed i know the linkage needs replacing but if i move the H/C linkage by hand it is rock solid so i am thinking that the hight corrector is stuffed. :( :(
Oh yes and also i have a wonky fuel guage it takes ages to respond when you fill up and occasionally it either gives no reading and the warning light on or it reads full i have changed the sender but no change any ideas :?:
2017 Seat Leon ST FR 2.0 150Bhp
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

The height corrector has no effect on how hard or soft the suspension is.

Does the rear still rise and fall as it should (when you move the height lever)? if so, then the HC is fine.

Are they definitely the correct spheres?

With the engine running, and the car at normal height, how far does the back of the car go down if you stand on the towbar/bumper or get into the boot?
this might be a signature
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

the car is slow to rise and the hight lever is very stiff but it does rise and fall but there is no intermediate hight position, when you stand on the tow ball it only goes down about and inch or so I have checked both radius arms and they are free and no wear in the bearings.
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

If the car only drops an inch when you stand on the towbar, with the car at normal height, then I fear that the spheres you've just fitted are almost flat.

there's no other reason that the suspension could be that hard..
this might be a signature
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

oh poo that means i will have to try and get some new ones then either that or i try and scrounge a pair :wink: