Trying hard to like the ZX

Anything about BXs
Oscar
1K Away

Trying hard to like the ZX

Post by Oscar »

Washed it and cleaned it. Changed filters and oil. Drove it to Wales and back. Getting 48mpg from it. Washed it and cleaned it again.

Drives well, comfortable, takes a lot of kit.

But it's so boooring. 100% free of charisma. Characterless. Dull, dull, dull.

And there were bits of the M4 last week when I just wanted to put my foot down and feel the BX lurch forward.

I miss my BX.
(Red BX 1.7TZD ("Well, it is a style icon" - Tom Sheppard)) "Was", Tom, "was"
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

Should've bought that one from Hill's last week. I nearly accidentally bought it, and already had plans to try to sell it to you if I had :wink:

I'm up for a bx hunt!
electrokid
1K Away

Post by electrokid »

Hi Oscar,

I'm travelling to Tunbridge Wells this morning (leaving at 10am so very short notice) - I've lost your telephone number and could pick up Mulley's alternators around 12:00 today if you are in but don't know where you are etc

So about to send you and Steve PMs in case there's time to get back to me...
1992 BX19 TGD estate 228K Rusty - SORNed
2002 C5 HDi SX estate
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Quite like my ZX, but as you say its rather uninspiring.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Oscar
1K Away

Post by Oscar »

At least yours is an interesting colour, Tim, mine is *meh* silver.

Brian I've only just seen your message, sorry pal. I'm out of the country for the rest of the week. I'll call you again at the weekend.
(Red BX 1.7TZD ("Well, it is a style icon" - Tom Sheppard)) "Was", Tom, "was"
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

I've never had a ZX, but plenty of friends have. With one notable exception they have all been dependable as daily transport and have all suffered from dodgy central locking, which unfortunately has been the only point of interest in an otherwise utterly boring car (you never knew if you could lock them at journeys end).

Mind you, I recon they're still better than a Xsara!
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
electrokid
1K Away

Post by electrokid »

No worries Oscar - I was hoping for a miracle sending a message 10 minutes before heading off along the M25. The last time you called I wrote all the details on a post-it and filed it somewhere very very safe - it's still there - wherever that is :roll:

Hope your foreign travels are going well and look forward to chatting at the weekend - thanks - hopefully I'll catch up with both you and Steve some weekend soon.
2002 C5 HDi SX estate
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

Too right sport - almost makes me feel like someone should organize a 'meet' in the South East!!!!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

scarecrow wrote:Too right sport - almost makes me feel like someone should organize a 'meet' in the South East!!!!
I'm up for that :)
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

Any suggestions Phil? I've no idea how to go about organizing such a thing, but I'd guess there's a fair few enthusiasts down here. Does the Chelsea Cruise still take place? Could we latch on to a bigger Citroen meet?
electrokid
1K Away

Post by electrokid »

My immediate thought was 'Dartford' for some reason. I'd guess somewhere easy to give simple directions to get to - like 'off at junction --- heading towards --- and take the 3rd left past the <pub name>, and somewhere we can find the postcode to for those of us with satnav.

Hooking up with a larger crowd makes sense - there's a café, on the North Circular I think, that has a Ford meet every month - if we could find a meet that would be more accepting of French motors...
2002 C5 HDi SX estate